cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can I tow a 2014 Honda CR-V 2 wheel (4 down) ?

GoBoy45
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at a new 2014 Honda CR-V to tow 4 down. I just visited the local Honda dealership yesterday who stated "ALL the CR-V's YES".
I did read the Owners Manual which stated they could be towed!!
But still not real sure and I should ONLY stay with the Honda CR-V 4WD ?
Is anybody pulling the 2WD unit 4 Down?
Thank you for all advise.
7 REPLIES 7

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Silverchin wrote:
Question: we just bought a 2014 CRV 2wd. Owners manual and Motorhome mag said this was good for 4 wheel down towing. I asked the dealer salesman but he couldn't answer. Does the odometer keep racking up miles while towing?
Ignore what a dealer says and read the manual instead. The towing guides indicate 2wd is OK for prior years.

The odometer doesn't register miles at least on prior years and 2014 is likely the same.

I've towed my 2004 60K miles and driven it 62K miles. I don't pull the fuse and never had a problem but it you choose to go that route you'll likely do it exactly once because of the location. Then buy one of the fuse/switch replacement units and you can then just flip the switch. Two years ago I did add a charge line...

Great car and we've taken our AWD on the beach a number of times and we just avoid real soft sand.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

dverstra
Explorer
Explorer
Silverchin wrote:
Question: we just bought a 2014 CRV 2wd. Owners manual and Motorhome mag said this was good for 4 wheel down towing. I asked the dealer salesman but he couldn't answer. Does the odometer keep racking up miles while towing?

Nope
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator
2013 Honda CRV
Returned Peace Corps Volunteer - Sierra Leone

Silverchin
Explorer
Explorer

GoBoy45
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the help!
Be safe on the road.

NC_Hauler
Explorer
Explorer
If OP wants additional information on towing a vehicle behind their RV, they can also go to the "Dinghy Towing" forum and find even more information on this topic.:)
Jim & Kathy, (Boxers, Buddy & Sheba)
2016 Ram 3500 DRW Longhorn 4X4/CC/LB/Aisin/4.10/rear air assist ...Pearl White.
2016 DRV MS 36RSSB3/ W&D/ slide toppers/ DTV satellite/ 5.5K Onan propane gen.
B&W RVK3600 Hitch
Fulltiming in WV & TX
USAF 71-75 Viet Nam Vet

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
I love my AWD for other reasons.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

FLman2
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, we tow our 2014 2 wheel drive 4 down. In six weeks of travels we have not had any problems. Follow the instructions in the owners manual.