cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canadian Military RV Parks

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
I posted here instead of Campground etc because of a possible broader audience.has any Military Retired, Active etc checked into staying at Canadian Military RV Parks or campgrounds.
I researched a few years ago but didn't find a whole lot.
Military here are welcomed at Canadian Military Resorts similar to our MWR program and they are welcomed here.
Anyone Military here stayed at a Canadian Military RV Park or Campground or used their facilities?
Formalities, protocol, expense, what is available etc?
7 REPLIES 7

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
The PDF had quite a bit of info. But...nothing, I read on US Military.
About 2010 or so we talked with a couple of Canadian Military at naval base in Ga. I didn't think of inquiring.

navybanker
Explorer
Explorer
A couple from Nova Scotia (retired Canadian Army -National Defense Force) were next to me on a Naval Station in Florida using the camp ground for one month. He said retired US military may stay in Canadian forces campgrounds. He stated he has stayed in several military CGs in the US. Sounds reasonable to me but may be up to local COs. This CG stays full most of the time and was full during his stay. Just saying!
2017 Montana 3611 RL
2012 Chevy 2500HD Duramax

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tom Trostel wrote:
bukhrn,
Military campgrounds are open to active duty, retired military, and some civilian DOD employees. If you served less than 20 years or were dishonorable discharged you are not eligible.
True, but there are more, like Reserves & National Guard in training, for a few.
You can find more here, http://www.militarycampgrounds.us/
While not an official Military site, they do have a lot of info, some of which is copied from official sites.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Tom_Trostel
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn,
Military campgrounds are open to active duty, retired military, and some civilian DOD employees. If you served less than 20 years or were dishonorable discharged you are not eligible.

AVNTech
Explorer
Explorer
This link should help.
https://www.cfmws.com/en/AboutUs/PSP/specialtyinterest/Pages/Campgrounds.aspx
There are only 5 sites with campground facilities Comox BC; Greenwood NS; Halifax NS; Northbay ONT; and Petawawa ONT. I've been to the 2 NS sites, they are not like a KOA or any other commercial, National, or Provincial campsite. Much more basic, but clean and neat. Secure and safe. Their located in rural area's, so some driving involved if your aiming at "Tourist Attractions".
Note: I'm referring to the RV facilities, the cabins etc are very nice.
We do NOT have the wonderful selection available to current/former service personnel in the USA, you guys have your "act together" 🙂
Cheers.
01 2500 Ram 5.9L 24V CTD 4x4 Reg Cab
99 9.5 Veri-Lite Series 50 DUL Edition
05 Toyota 4Runner SR5
"Sunny Nova Scotia"

path1
Explorer
Explorer
down home wrote:
I posted here instead of Campground etc because of a possible broader audience.has any Military Retired, Active etc checked into staying at Canadian Military RV Parks or campgrounds.
I researched a few years ago but didn't find a whole lot.
Military here are welcomed at Canadian Military Resorts similar to our MWR program and they are welcomed here.
Anyone Military here stayed at a Canadian Military RV Park or Campground or used their facilities?
Formalities, protocol, expense, what is available etc?

https://www.familyforce.ca/sites/Moose%20Jaw/EN/ResourcesandDownloads/Documents/Voyage2007LR.pdf

They call it "Voyager" and is divided into provincial regions and promotes services that regular members, as well as reserve force and retired members and their families can access at all 31 Canadian Forces Bases/Wings/Units across the country. It includes information on history, accommodations, messes, Personnel Support Programs such as recreation, golf courses, cabins and campgrounds, as well as Military Family Resource Centre programs, casual childcare, computer access, Base Chapels, and Military theme museums in the area.

(file is PDF and takes along time to load) printed in 2007 and nothing newer I was told couple years ago. I drove through the one on Vancouver Island several years in a car while (whilst:B)visiting friends. (Would cost a lot to get RV on Island) It looked like any Mil Camp that we have. Also CA has something like our VFW or American Legion. I think it is called Royal Order of (something) And NATO forces (active or retired)are treated as "guests". And like our VFW or Am Legion many don't give a big whoop if you overnight. Of course that depends on where and which one I would suppose. I found out all this RV when a CA plate camped next to us at a west coast Mil Camp several years ago. Also said that many of our Mil Camps have their own base regs that the local base commander can add on to the nation wide MWR DOD regs. He said several places would not let him make reservations but would let him use as "space available" only day by day.

In the pdf file you'll notice that not every one of their bases has campgrounds.

Hope this helps
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
You got me on that one, I have used some of our Military Campgrounds, but wasn't aware that Canadian Military could use them.
I know some former American military members that don't meet the requirements to use them. :h
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund