cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dealers ... why, just why

et2
Explorer
Explorer
So. I usually do the water line winterizing myself. Due to a situation last spring I chose to have the dealer do it this last fall. The cost included pressure testing this spring and if a problem they fixed it.

So I arrived the other day for this service to pressurize. I specifically told them when I gave them the keys to our MH the ice maker wasn't used, or hooked up ( line was disconnected).

Well when they were done I was informed there was a leak when pressuring the ice maker behind the fridge. Then they remembered it wasn't use so it was disconnected as it should have been ( leak resolved).

Well when I went in to inspect there was a little water on the tile floor still. I had two rags I had sitting in the front seat that I use to keep the fridge doors open in storage. So I went to get them to wipe up the water and they were missing from the front seat. I asked the service writer what happened to them. They called the tech, he said they were in they dryer.

I'm glad I had the sense to ask about the rags or I'm sure they'd of gotten all moldy sitting in the dryer drenched ( yes they were dripping wet). Yep, he closed them with the door shut and brought the slide in. Now keep in mind the fridge was nowhere near the dryer. What he was thinking is beyond me. I was told this was there best guy who worked on our rig :E. Maybe he thought the dryer would just magically turn on?

For a place that charges $150.00 per hour - I'd hope for someone with common sense.
12 REPLIES 12

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
nm
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
et2 wrote:
WTP-GC wrote:
#firstworldproblems

Yep, I certainly feel proud I live in this wonderful country we do. Privileged .... Naaa ... I've earned it.

Please start your own thread.

Give him a break, he's a newbie..... but -

didn't know threads had "ownership"..:R

~

AmericalVette
Explorer
Explorer
About 4 or 5 years ago I took a TT in for some work (not a CW) and when I went to pick it up the service manager showed me what had been repaired and all looked well. However, when I got it home I discovered that some dipstick had used the toilet, sans water. Called the service manager to let him know and he offered to have it cleaned. Told him never mind that it wasn't worth the trip back. Yeah, I guess it takes all kinds.
Times fun when you're having flies!

et2
Explorer
Explorer
WTP-GC wrote:
#firstworldproblems

Yep, I certainly feel proud I live in this wonderful country we do. Privileged .... Naaa ... I've earned it.

Please start your own thread.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
Need-A-Vacation wrote:
ET2,

Dare we ask where in Mi this was?

It was in Wixom.

WTP-GC
Explorer
Explorer
#firstworldproblems
Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
ET2,

Dare we ask where in Mi this was?
Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS Mods Reese DC HP

WDH Set Up. How a WDH Works. CAT Scale How To.

Homer1
Explorer
Explorer
Every time I ever took a coach in for service of any kind I ended up with a far bigger mess than I went in with. There was one exception and I will never forget it. "The Winnebago factory". You could not tell those guys had even been inside my coach and they did major repair.

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
What did you expect? The tech probably still smelled from cooking oil from his last burger flipping job.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
midnightsadie wrote:
X2 , you can bet that guy is not there best tech.

Bet he IS!

Others wouldn't have even thought about wiping up the water.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 , you can bet that guy is not there best tech.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Did you ever wonder how the old saying 'If you want it done right, do it yourself' originated? ๐Ÿ™‚