Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cant reach the fuse box!

Curt_and_Marie
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone ever have to deal with this?
OK this is crazy; I hope someone can get me out of the twilight zone.
Our coach, a 1999 Fleetwood Flair 34D is being prepared for full timing. I am in the process of sorting out the wiring and getting acquainted with whatever quick fixes the prior owner may have patched over. I know the fuse box is located just under the dash to the left of the brake, thatโ€™s no problem. I have worked on hundreds of vehicles in my life and squiggled and wormed my way under dashes to gain access.
In this case I donโ€™t see any other way to get at fuse box except to remove the driverโ€™s seat! OK I have put on a few pounds over the years but at 6โ€™2โ€ 225lb I would think I was still able to squeeze past whatever I have to on this big coach.
After trying to squeeze by sideways on both sides and then putting the seat back down and laying upside down then sliding down the seat onto the floor I found myself trapped, nearing a panic attack and in need of assistance, the DW heard my call for help and did the best she could to pull me out even when I was down there, head down legs straight up the back of the seat I still could not effectively test the fuses.
I am convinced that seat removal pedestal and all is what has to be done but I just canโ€™t picture doing that some night along the road somewhere. If thereโ€™s enough wire I might relocate to whole fuse box one direction or another.
3 REPLIES 3

Curt_and_Marie
Explorer
Explorer
I like the RV window idea just like some tractors have

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
Two suggestions. First, consider replacing all the fuses with those that have the built in led light that indicates when the fuse is blown. Second, consider installing a small RV window in the side of the RV next to the fuse box location.
Currently Between RVs

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are just too many wires to try to relocate the fuse box.
There are fuses available that light up when the fuse is blown. It would be easier to replaced all the fuses with the the ones that light up.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY