cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Christmas Gift Ideas for the ladies

twxsby89
Explorer
Explorer
I want to get my wife something nice for the RV, I'm looking for some feedback from the ladies, what is your favorite thing in the RV, that didn't come with it / What would you love to add to your RV? TIA
2013 K2500 Suburban
2016 Coachmen 310BHDSLE
2011 JKUR
2012 Wells Cargo Camp Convert
24 REPLIES 24

NEnative
Explorer
Explorer
W.hen my first wife and I were newlyweds, the first Christmas together I was going to get her a washing machine for her gift. My dad herd about my great idea and told me "Boy, are you nuts" and proceeded to lay into me about my great idea! I replied "but Dad she needs one". Funny thing is I had a hard time understanding why she left me for a guy she worked with

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like great gifts.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

twxsby89
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks again everyone for your input! And special thanks to our winners, toedtoes and wannavolunteerFT.

toedtoes, I am buying her some knock off ugg boots. Your post reminded me that she wanted a pair just like our daughters.
AND, wannavolunteerFT, I love this idea, and am now searching for a photo of the entire family camping.

wannavolunteerFT wrote:
a large print of a picture made while camping that she really likes framed in a poster frame in a size to fit a bare wall in the RV.
2013 K2500 Suburban
2016 Coachmen 310BHDSLE
2011 JKUR

welove2drive
Explorer
Explorer
Hey DutchmenSport -- I like that RV bag! Maybe I will look online for some of that material.

Marcia
Dave and Marcia
2019 Ford F350 Dually
2013 Lifestyle LS34SB

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Here's the thing. If you are willing to get a Christmas gift for your wife it really needs to be something personal, just for her.

We do three gifts each year. 1 is 4 the camper for the two of us. 2 is for the house from both of us. 3 is for each other something personal.

This year we already purchased a new television and sound bar for the camper. This year we already purchased a new freezer for the house. So that leaves something personal for each other for Christmas. We did not plan on Christmas coming early but necessity just made that happen.

My suggestion is to get her something personal just for her to make her feel special and to let her know that you still love her. If you want something for the camper then make it understood it's a gift from both of you to the camper. That is if you want to keep the wife happy.

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
rugs, in colors that she likes..

throw pillows, tablecloths and other decorative accessories

a large print of a picture made while camping that she really likes framed in a poster frame in a size to fit a bare wall in the RV. (or a pair of smaller prints)
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
GaryKH wrote:
I was just joking about the replacement hood fan! Man that would go over like a lead balloon!!

Thank you for restoring my faith in "malekind". I no longer need to scratch ma pointy head :D.

GaryKH
Explorer
Explorer
I was just joking about the replacement hood fan! Man that would go over like a lead balloon!!

twxsby89
Explorer
Explorer
Ridiculous interior makeover
Portable Ice Maker
Vintage RV Handbag
Perfume
Faux Fur Blanket
Boots
A Dog
Fan w/ Remote
Replacement stove fan
New mattress
Padded Outdoor recliner
Oh, and the Shoe Rack.

These are fantastic ideas, mostly.
This helps me tremendously. Thank You all!
2013 K2500 Suburban
2016 Coachmen 310BHDSLE
2011 JKUR

rjf7g
Explorer
Explorer
We don't exchange gifts for this very reason...we just buy what we want all year long and say "I love you" 100 or more times a day. Works for us.
1999 American Cruiser Class B
2006 Palomino Puma 27FQ Bunkhouse
2007 Gulfstream Innsbruck 36FRS Park Trailer

dakasa47
Explorer
Explorer
How about a nice recliner style outdoor chair to relax in? Maybe one that is padded??? We use ours all the time. The other handy dandy item is one of those fold up director style chairs that folds and fits into a bag. We keep them in the back of the truck so when we go to the beach we always have a chair with us. The bag has a carrying strap to put over ones shoulder.
David and Marianne
2010 Tundra
2007 FunFinder 21'

CC_Crabman
Explorer
Explorer
Time for a new mattress and bed linens? Sleep in comfort.

GaryKH
Explorer
Explorer
Great ideas! I think maybe i'll get her a replacement hood fan for over the stove. She should like that eh?

path1
Explorer
Explorer
The best thing my wife likes about our rv that didn't come with it... is adding a vent fan with remote in bedroom.

OEM stock fan in the bedroom was that one of us had to get up and turn the thing on or off. Just when you're about in la-la land she would poke me or vice versa and somebody had to get up and stand up and turn on or shut off the fan.

Our kitchen vent did not have a fan, other than stove vent. So we moved the bedroom fan/vent to the kitchen and installed vent/fan with remote to bedroom.

Now with a push of button, we can operate fan laying in bed and now in the kitchen has better ventilation. Nice breeze through out RV.

Next best thing was a shoe rack I made. Now she has even more room for more shoes:S
(think I'd learned after 43 years, what was I thinking?)
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"