cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Covered indoor or shrink wrapped storage in Michigan

rvhippo
Explorer
Explorer
Well, the original plan to store the trailer in Texas has fallen through. My father is more ill then he let on and I will be staying in Michigan to help my mom take care of him.

I need help finding over-the-winter storage for my trailer in SE Michigan. Indoor,covered,shrink wrapped would be great.

I found Kensington and Bay City indoor storage. Are there any others I'm missing? Any experiences dealing with these two? Any reviews?

Is shrink wrapping worth it? I remember my dad doing it to his boat in better times.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
11 REPLIES 11

More-Gas
Explorer
Explorer
try Bordines landscaping in Clarkston Mi they use their greenhouses for winter storage of boats and trailers as well as with motorhomes, they are located on Dixie Hwy and I 75 exit 93

More-Gas
Explorer
Explorer
try Bordines landscaping in Clarkston Mi they use their greenhouses for winter storage of boats and trailers as well as with motorhomes, they are located on Dixie Hwy and I 75 exit 93

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
oops doubled post
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Check with the big marinas. There are three in my tiny one horse town that have HUGE warehouses for parking boats in over the winter. Money is money, I'm sure they park RVs too.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I gather you are in teh bay City area. I can't help you there. I knwo of storage lots farther south (Liviona area) but not in BC.

I too would go with indoor storage over shrink wrap.. I do not like anything in contact with the side of my RV other than good old air. Try to find a lot that will feed you at least 15 Amps AC as well.. (Enough to power the converter)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Never shrink wrap an RV. You NEED air circulation. I added vent covers to mine so I can leave the roof vents open during storage just to improve air circulation.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Matt_Colie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I second the indoor storage, several I know do use fairgrounds. With Texas as a target, I think I should remind you to get it winterized. Heated indoor storage is rare and expensive here. Also, take the battery home and put it on a maintainer for the winter or charge it regularly.

Shrink wrap is a bad idea. Boats necessarily have the open deck space and good wrapping guy will put vents in there. An RV has no such place to put vents.

There is really only one big difference between boats and RVs =
Water will leak out of an RV.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Check the county fairgrounds. Many make extra money for the fair board by filling the barns with RVs in the winter.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
If you find indoor storage, shrink wrapping would not be necessary.
Sorry to hear about your dad, I hope everything goes well for him.

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Go for the indoor storage; it is by far the best option.

We stored our units indoors over the winters for several years and then I decided to give covers a try because we were trying to sell our trailer at the time. It was OK, but here on the wet West coast I found there to be a lot of condensation at times. We then covered our new to us unit with an Adco cover last year and still had mildew on the roof and condensation issues inside the unit at times too. I finally found reasonably priced indoor storage and will be back to storing indoors this winter. It is cheap compared to having a leak over the winter.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Bmach
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do not shrink wrap it. It could cause servere mold problems. Trailers need to breath, if want it covered invest in an rv cover, i.e. ADCO.