cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dinghy towing 2012 GMC TERRAIN

Scooby_and_Doo
Explorer
Explorer
Just got the Terrain and have it set up for towing behind the motorhome. Only problem I have is after towing. I follow all the manual instructions on what to do after reaching the destination. I am unable to remove the key after I have set the parking brake, put the transmission in park and then try to turn the key to the LOCK/OFF position. Only way I can get the key out is to reinstall fuse 32 before turning to the LOCK/OFF position. This is not the order as described in the manual. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? Any help is appreciated !!
4 REPLIES 4

Scooby_and_Doo
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't personally install the baseplate. The shop ordered the blue ox baseplate for my 2012 Terrain SLT and installed it. It just fit nicely in the opening you have referred to. They did not have to do any cutting of the front even though it was snug. My installer is very experienced.
Very pleased with how it towed from Canada to Florida.

enf
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased a 2011 Terrain SLT to replace our Mazda PU to tow behind our motorhome. Did you have any problem in mounting the base plate to your Terrain. The bumper area is really close to the ground but there is an opening in the middle. Did your hook-up hardware fit in this opening?
2005 Jayco Seneca 35GS
2000 Mazda B2500

Scooby_and_Doo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply. Since this will be my first long tow to Florida, I didn't want to do anything wrong with the setup for the Terrain.

Roy

purplekeenah
Explorer
Explorer
That is normal
2015 Newmar Dutchstar 4369
2013 Chevy Equinox