cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dinghy-towing setup add length??

standup
Explorer
Explorer
Shopping for a Class C and intend to tow a dinghy. I know little about the whole towing affair at this point, and I need the motorhome to fit into an indoor storage I rent. Question: does the setup add ANY length to the motorhome? Does it "depend" on the type of product? If it does add, is the apparatus removable for storage?
I've got to be careful, as this unit is 30'10" wall-to-wall.
Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

dicknellen
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just went out to the RV garage and my Roadmaster Falcon II receiver mounted tow bar extends 13" past the end of my bumper. Like others have said you can remove it if necessary. Dick

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
Mine adds 2 feet to the rig length when the toad is off but the tow bar is attached to the MH.

MPond
Explorer
Explorer
standup wrote:
Shopping for a Class C and intend to tow a dinghy. I know little about the whole towing affair at this point, and I need the motorhome to fit into an indoor storage I rent. Question: does the setup add ANY length to the motorhome? Does it "depend" on the type of product? If it does add, is the apparatus removable for storage?
I've got to be careful, as this unit is 30'10" wall-to-wall.
Thanks!

Most tow bar setups use the hitch receiver on the back of the Class C and can be removed for storage.
2003 Country Coach Intrigue, Cummins ISL 400
Toad: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) toad, with just a few mods...

Other rig: 2005 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Dually / Next Level 38CK Fifth-wheel Toy Hauler w/ quads, sand rail, etc...