cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

does my heart good.

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
as the tile says, it does my heart good today. I went to the Dr's today and going and coming home I saw many campers on the road. some one going on their vacations with their families. Brought back memories of when DW and I took our kids camping and fishing. even to this day they are taking our grand kids camping and fishing. Guess we did something right. Ho yes even saw a sewer hose laying on the side of the road. been there done that until I found out how to stop that in it's tracks. the old coat hanger through the bumper trick. Have a good day every one.
7 REPLIES 7

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
We took all the grand kids with us. This year our grand daughter asked us to come with her family. We parked our trailer right next to there's and I took a bike ride with one of our great grandsons (no training wheels). They don't have the same kind of camper my parents had but one more generation that loves camping

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
We count RVs and cars stuffed with camping equipment on the way to and from our camping trips. My granddaughter waves hysterically at each one she can make eye contact with and pumps her fist in the air. Makes my day.

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
Our little town is "enroute" for a lot of RVs, so we see them stopped at Costco or the gas station even when we're not using the interstate. Luckily we have enough trips planned for this year that I'm rarely green with envy.

Last Friday I happened to look out the window at work and see a PU pulling a 30' TT North on SR-18. I though, he could be going to Pine Valley. Sure enough spotted it again later that day in the same loop we were camping in. Very relaxing weekend, even with the show Mother Nature put on Saturday evening.
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
We live just off I-40 about two hours from the NC coast. Especially on Fridays, the amount of campers headed east is awesome. Even though I'm usually working when I see them, I'm still happy to see others headed toward the beach with their RVs and can only imagine the excitement they have.

On the same note, I feel sort of sorry for those headed west. Most of those are headed home and we all know how that feels.

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
We are headed out next week,, to the only place with water in this state,,,,The Coast!!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I saw several campers, in a short distance, north bound on US 11 in central Pennsylvania this morning.
Everyone is probably getting their traveling/vacations done before school starts.
Summer will end way too soon. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
waiting three weeks for our next rip out. I grew up camping with my grandparents and family and now our kids are camping with us...they love it.