cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOMETIC 310 TOILET

DRM796
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a Dometic 310 toilet that is made in two pieces with the upper porcelain bowl sits on a plastic pedestal. On our last outing I noticed the bowl is coming loose and can wiggle side to side. The manual states that you should not take them pieces apart. I don't see it getting any better and from some searches have found that some even start to leak. Probably going to replace it but not with the same model. Was looking at the Dometic 320 or the Aqua Magic Residence by Thetford. Any feed back about either of these would be appreciated.

Thanks
2019 Alpine 3700
2016 Chevy 3500 High Country DRW Duramax
2012 Wildcat 313RE traded in 5/2018
9 REPLIES 9

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
DRM796 wrote:
Robin1953 wrote:
I called and the tech person said there was no fix for the separation. She said the whole unit would have to be replaced. As a side note mine leaks as well as wobbles but it only leaks when you sit on it.

Luckily ours is still under warranty and they are sending us a replacement. Hopefully this one will last. If you replace yours let us know what you replace it with and why.

Thanks

The Dometic 310 decided to start leaking from the seal between the parts about all the time and the odor was getting unbearable. Mine is still under warranty as well. Well I am in TX for the winter and Keystone insisted that I take the Vizion to a local Keystone dealer for diagnosis and then Keystone would make a determination as to whether they would replace it or not. So I make a comparison as to cost of renting a hotel room for the duration of the above and decided that it was more cost effective to just replace that POS. The mobile RV guy changed the toilet out this evening with a Thetford Aqua Magic Style Plus. Even though this unit was more expensive I have always had good luck with Thetford products. When I get back home I am going to drop that toilet on my selling dealer and let them deal with Keystone. If they decide to replace it I am going to have a new toilet for sale...:-)
2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X
2016 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins

DRM796
Explorer II
Explorer II
Robin1953 wrote:
I called and the tech person said there was no fix for the separation. She said the whole unit would have to be replaced. As a side note mine leaks as well as wobbles but it only leaks when you sit on it.

Luckily ours is still under warranty and they are sending us a replacement. Hopefully this one will last. If you replace yours let us know what you replace it with and why.

Thanks
2019 Alpine 3700

Robin1953
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Grand Design Solitude 320X
2016 Ram 3500 DRW and Cummins

DRM796
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kennyg wrote:
Have you checked to see if the metal ring that holds BOTH pieces together is tight and secure? This is what holds them together and it may have become loose. Before tossing out the entire toilet, it may be beneficial to look into. Exploded views are available to illustrate the assembly on their website as well as the install sheet that came with the unit.

No metal ring on a 310. manual states "Factory-sealed bowl-to-base assembly
– Unlike other Dometic footpedal
toilets, the bowl and base of
310 and 320 series toilets should
not be separated for any reason.

but thanks
2019 Alpine 3700

DRM796
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go figure, I called them and they said to contact the dealer. I went to the website and contacted the customer support via email and they asked for the serial number and my address and said they would send me a replacement. Yeeaa!!
2019 Alpine 3700

Kennyg
Explorer
Explorer
Have you checked to see if the metal ring that holds BOTH pieces together is tight and secure? This is what holds them together and it may have become loose. Before tossing out the entire toilet, it may be beneficial to look into. Exploded views are available to illustrate the assembly on their website as well as the install sheet that came with the unit.
Kennyg

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
if covered by warranty ask for an upgrade and pay the difference, doesn't hurt to ask.

DRM796
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chris Bryant wrote:
Try calling Dometic customer support 1-800-544-4881 .

Did that, they told me to contact my dealer. Waiting to here back from them. Just not sure I want to replace it with the same model if it is covered by warranty.
2019 Alpine 3700

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Try calling Dometic customer support 1-800-544-4881 .
-- Chris Bryant