RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Dinghy transfer case exploded

For my cousin.It's a 1999 Jeep wrangler and he is towing it behind a class A. He was going down the road at 65 when bam the transfer case let go. He said transfer case was in neutral and the tranny was in 5th.Any clues as to what happened and was he ...

Res4cue by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Freezer question

This is a picture of the door to my freezer. It is a Dometic model DM2663RBX. My question is what is the thing on the left side of the door intended to be used for? I don't have an ice maker and nothing that I normally keep in my freezer fits except ...

insp1505 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

towing insurance or truck and camper

A while back I fould a towing insurance company that was for campers.. It was much cheaper than AAAs that includes campers. It was just a little higher than AAA basic vehicle only tow plan.mI cant remember the name of it. Can people recommend some go...

ford f250 6.2 gass

wanting to buy a 5th wheel and wondering what weight and size I should be looking at .Would the half tons be mostly in my range limit. Any suggestion on a good brand that wood work. Just me and the wife

grich by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide Rubber Maintenance

What do people use on the rubber to keep it maintained ?? Do you just keep it clean, or do you need to keep it lubricated ?? If so, with what ??Would appreciate any and all info and advise. Thanks

Camp Hosts Needed at a National Historic Site

The Fort Langley National Historic Site is in need of campground hosts immediately for our new oTENTik accomodations. We are looking for people to volunteer from 2 - 4 weeks at a time (even longer if available), to greet and provide assistance and in...

pc_gc by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator checklist

I am new to RV'ing and have a couple of generators coming my way. We already have our 5er pretty well stocked with the essentials. We are going dry camping next week and I don't really know what I should have for the generators. Any extra tools, gas ...

5er707 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

question about Fridge performance

I have a dumb question for the experts. I kind of think i already know the answer or at least i hope i'm right. This past weekend the dw and grandson and i went out for the weekend. The fridge wouldn't get below about 37 or 38 which is where i st...

dspencer by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Exterior Grab Handle Mod - Don't Get Locked in!

Thought I would post this here since many types of RVs use this same folding grab assist handle.I was surprised to read (here) that you could fold the handle forward against the RV (across the door) and actually trap somebody inside. It doesn't take...

BurbMan by Explorer II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Power connection

The thread about hot power cord got me thinking. My TT is 30amp service. If the site I have has a 50amp connection, I use a 50>30amp adaptor and use the 50amp. Is that what you do, or, do you just use the 30amp??

Dtaylor by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Interesting Tidbit Regarding RV Refrigerators

Every so often we'll see posts on this forum on the subject of running our refrigerators on propane while traveling. I'm one of those who does that. Many others leave theirs turned off and offer valid reasons for doing so. I came across this statemen...

mr__ed by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Leaving slide partially open?

Leaving for a week long trip to Rushmore tomorrow. My TT has 3 slides, two of them when closed restrict access to the fridge and rear of the rv.Any problems opening both just a foot for some walk around space and leaving them overnight?Driveway is s...

Laundry strategy

What is the best strategy for doing laundry at rv parks? Do you go early or wait until people have left for the day? I am an early riser and would like to get it done early but maybe other folks need to do it then so they can leave for the day.Thank...