RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Taking elderly in-laws (86 & 88 ) on 500 mile trip.

We are going to take my elderly in-laws to North Carolina to see relatives the only issue is my father in law has had two stokes . Has anyone done camping trips with a stoke victim. Father in law has some walking issues and other issues that come wit...

moose888 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

2014 Honda Fit

I see where the 2014 Honda Fit will have the dreaded CVT transmission as their automatic. I'm going to hazard a guess and say that this pretty much guarantees it will no longer be towable. Anyone looking to get a Fit auto better get one now.

Magnetic lights

We traded in our Jeep Wrangler (toad) for a 2013 Honda Fit. Jeep was an excellent toad, just not a practical second vehicle. Our RV dealer is installing the baseplate and break away switch, but wants $250 to wire the brake lights. We spent the $25...

urbanjo by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Anyone towing a VW van

We have a 30ft class A motor home with a Roadmaster towbar and currently tow a 2010 Ford Escape. We are thinking of picking up an older VW van to tow. It could double as an extra bedroom since we always have extra kids and grand kids with us. Has any...

Towing questions, thinking of a TT

Been away from RVing for 4-5 years. Looking into getting another one.A little background:Our fist rv was a 1983 Reagal 28ft TT bought used. Since then we have owned four 5th wheels with the last being a Prowler Lynx (huge lemon!).In the past my fat...

cdhd2001 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

6 Volt Battery Q's

We recently bought a 2002 Cardinal 29 WB LX. The previous owners had 2, 6 volt batteries that are about 4 years old. But he rarely used them as they usually had shore power. In fact, he had them wired wrong. He wired them as you would a car. Pos to p...

Park in the road? Get Hit! Duh...

O.K., y'all, I'm ready to get jumped on here if I'm wrong, but...is it possible this guy stopped right in the lane on a two lane highway to "check his hitch", never thinking for a moment he might get hit???Please take a look at the following link and...

Parting out RV, parts worth

Hey Guys; I'm in the process of possibly parting out a 78 Executive Class A. It has a 440 Dodge gas motor along with the rest of stuff in an RV of that era. My question is how much is this stuff worth. The motor, refrig, AC roof unit, gen, etc.? Al...

Humidity! How to drop 20-30% in an hour.

So we're camping this past 9 days in all kinds of weather. Heat, cool, thunderstorms, dry, you get the picture. We're in our HTT with PUGs.Humidity was really high outside at times, which we didn't find comfortable, so here's what we did.Turn on A/C ...

where did the oil go?

hey all, We just returned from our first TT trip from NC to Key West. It is about 900 miles one way.F150 4,6l v8 4x4 with towing pkg. Towing a aerolite 718fd, 3050 dry wght.My question is is it normal to have to add oil to a TV on this kind of haul? ...

Trailer Tires "Feathering"

Replaced the Dexter axle on the car hauler due to bent axle. Now after another 1200 miles on the original tires, one run with a Hudson Hornet on board, I found that one side was feathering or cupping the tire on the inboard side and the other was do...

Travel Assistance Plans

A number of years ago we joined the Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA)primarily because of its included benefit of a travel assistance plan. FMCA has now scrapped that plan and now offers a similar plan for a fee of $105 for family coverage. FMCA ...

wxtoad by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Help identifying a part

Can someone tell me what these two parts are for? I think it is for the frig. Maybe to keep the doors open when in storage? If so, I don't have a clue how it works. Can anyone help me?

Woohoo!

We've been working on our water consumption on our last couple of trips to see how long we can make the 32 gallon gray water tank last. This weekend, we took 6 showers in it. The last one (I took it), I didn't turn the water off while showering becau...

wbwood by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

brakes locking....suggestions?

The past few times I've towed my new Jayco 26BH, the trailer brakes to lock up. I'm towing with a Silverado with a P3 controller. The day I picked up the trailer, I set the controller voltage to slow the truck using the brake manual control, per th...