cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Don't let your guard down, Covid is still out there...

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
We {my bride and I} and our best friends have been very proactive in dealing with the Covid pandemic. We all got our shots and boosters in a timely manner, have by in large self isolated and always wore masks when we did venture out into public. They came for a brief visit to retrieve his Rzr SXS and trailer from our house as I had evacuated it a couple of weeks ago to get it out of the path of the Calf Canyon Fire that threatened their home IN Angel Fire NM.

They arrived on Thursday afternoon and returned home on Saturday morning. They spent Sunday prepping for a planned camping trip with their new Lance TT and left Angel Fire Monday morning for a 4 day trip. By Tuesday Sherry had serious Covid symptoms and three days later Paul had them as well and they both tested positive for Covid 19. They are in their mid 60's and in excellent physical condition.

Our best guess is that Sherry was infected somewhere between our house {in Payson AZ} and Angel Fire as it was 4 days later her symptoms kicked in. They of course notified us immediately and as my bride was going into day 2 of serious headache we tested her and happily it was a solid negative result. My bride is at extremely high risk due a number of health issues so we are and always have been very cautious.

After all of this time dealing with Covid it is easy for folks to become complacent but you do so at potentially great risk. Sherry is recovering nicely but Paul is having a rough go of it. He got the anti Covid pills and an oxygen meter and hopefully will be feeling much better soon. Be careful out there folks...
43 REPLIES 43

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
I thought all postings of this nature were supposed to go in ATC? There is already 2 sticky's there and now we have 3 postings. :R

You could have just passed along without comment ya know!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
jdc1 wrote:
There are a lot of callous replies here. Some still have this ignorant idea that the COVID virus is a hoax. My daughter works in a Vegas hospital ward and still watches these people die. Yea. It's still out there, and it's real.

Sure it's real and so is the Flu. People die from both.

My Uncle was fully vaccinated. He contracted Covid was having a hard time breathing tested positive a couple times finally went to the ER. He was in the Hospital for one month and for a while was in intensive care in an oxygen tent. He also developed some type of infection they could not get controlled.

When he went in he told them he had tested positive. Weird thing but I get the reason they NEVER tested him for covid while in the Hospital. If they tested him and he didn't test positive they would have sent him to a rehab facility. He seemed to be getting better but a couple days later we got the call he had passed away. We will miss him.

Really F'dup part is his Son could not come see him because he wasn't vaccinated. He could have tested negative with a rapid test but they would not let him in the Hospital.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
nickthehunter wrote:
โ€œScience has Provenโ€ - only problem with that statement is that first you have to start with reliable data.

EXACTLY

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately, I'm not able to get any vaccinations because I had a rare bad reaction back in 2009. The regular flu shot attacked my spinal cord causing 'transverse myelitis' (scary to read about). I was paralyzed from the neck down for two weeks. I had a slow year recovery but was lucky to make it back fully!

Anyway, I would get the vaccine if I could. A lot of friends and family have caught Covid and have had 'friends of friends' of people die from it. So sad.

Thank goodness I'm a healthy 60+ year old person...... I have been practicing safe protocols which has worked so far and I will continue.

Be safe out there and safe travels!
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Skibane wrote:
nickthehunter wrote:
โ€œScience has Provenโ€ - only problem with that statement is that first you have to start with reliable data.

One of the first casualties of COVID was public faith in medical science - and in the officials who espoused it.

We are now living in an era with more mistrust of medicine than any time since the Cutter Incident.

One of the absolutely funniest posts Iโ€™ve seen on this topic was in regards the science.

โ€œItโ€™s getting SO hard to know what to do. The WHO and all these doctors and scientists say we have to be very cautious and get vaccinated. Then some guy on social media says itโ€™s all a scam. Who are you supposed to believe?โ€

Personally, Iโ€™m still trying to figure out how they talked a million people into dying to justify this story.

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
When I got up here to northern Indiana, I spent some time with my BFF. Her husband was on a lake Erie fishing trip and due to return that evening. He returned sick, tested positive for Covid, then gave it to my BFF. He was on the trip with a son-in-law who in turn came down with it and passed it on to his wife and 2 kids. All were vaccinated and double boosted. But it's not lasting as long as the virus initially did and they all got anti-viral meds from the doctor. No one hospitalized and no one went to the doctor. The doctor prescribed the meds based on their home test kits. All are getting better and hope to be over it soon.

In the meantime, my sister and her husband, (I normally park in their woods and camp) came down with some kind of virus. Numerous covid tests came back negative, No fever, but bad cough, sore throat, sinusitis, etc. At times still feeling well enough to mow lawn, etc. My A/C was out in my little motorhome, but I didn't want to go to their house (basement finished with bedroom and bath) for fear of contracting their illness. Their daughter is a NP so she kept tabs on them, but they are well on their way to recovery. She said there are a lot of virii going around. Just because you get sick doesn't mean you have covid and in their case they didn't. I hung out with friends at a campground till the tech came and installed my new A/C in the 96* heat. I'm back in business and plaque free!

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Skibane wrote:
nickthehunter wrote:

One of the first casualties of COVID was public faith in medical science - and in the officials who espoused it.

We are now living in an era with more mistrust of medicine than any time since the Cutter Incident.

I agree, even if science discovered actual facts, would the truth be made public? Our medical officials knew/know very little, except for record keeping of reported infections/deaths.

From the beginning, much information given was just speculation. What happened to the herd immunity? It was said after 70% were infected/recovered, this would end. Next was after 70% were vaccinated, this would die out.

As it turns out, both above were false, and many were getting infected more than once, vaccinated or not. This has been a learning experience for all, including medical science.

I agree with OP, best not let your guard down. Most in my area have, and just carry on as usual. Time will decide what best option was for this disease, and long term health issues caused.

Jerry

Skibane
Explorer II
Explorer II
nickthehunter wrote:

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
OP here... First I would like to thank those who wished my friend a speedy recovery. I spoke with him a little while ago and he is on the mend and optimistic that in another day or two he will be as fine as his bride who is recovering nicely.

I posted with the best of intentions and sadly so many felt the need to drag it down to a level rarely seen on this Forum. Covid 19 is and always has been real and tragic. Vaccines work, some better than others but science leaves zero doubt as to the wisdom of being vaccinated.
Obviously many of those who posted have not lost a loved one to this horrible disease... sadly I have.

Believe what you will folks through much of what has been posted here is just sad... sigh, but it's OK, Ron White explained it to me.

:S

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
I thought all postings of this nature were supposed to go in ATC? There is already 2 sticky's there and now we have 3 postings. :R
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
JaxDad wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Guess those Covid vaccinations and boosters really work. ๐Ÿ™‚

Actually theyโ€™ve proven they really do work, and quite well at that.

Lots of folks donโ€™t know, or care to know maybe, that no vaccine is meant to make you โ€˜bug proofโ€™, itโ€™s only intended to prepare you for being infected by getting your immune system to start producing its own defences in advance.
My opinion is the efficacy of the Covid shot, or any flu vaccine AFATG, is pretty low. If you compare it to the smallpox vaccine, polio vaccine, rubella vaccine, DPT vaccine, although that is more bacteria than virus, its results looks pretty dismal.

And that is all I'm going to say about it.:)
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are a lot of callous replies here. Some still have this ignorant idea that the COVID virus is a hoax. My daughter works in a Vegas hospital ward and still watches these people die. Yea. It's still out there, and it's real.

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Guess those Covid vaccinations and boosters really work. ๐Ÿ™‚

Remember "Get vaccinated get PROTECTED" ?????? What a bunch of Barbra Streisand.

I know more people that are 100% vaccinated that have gotten Covid. No less severe than the unvaccinated.

It does not matter one lick if ya get a shot or not. You have "prolonged" exposure and you will most likely get it it's that simple.

this thread will be closed shortly so get your opinions in!!!

Science has proven the opposite. Way less chance of dying from Covid if you are vaccinated.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Keep on gettin the stab just don't tell me I have to to protect you. That was another fallacy.

Wonder why there is a shortage of Hospital beds??? FACT it's because the Nurses and others that make it possible to have usable beds said "F" that when they were told they had to get the stab or not work after they spent a year in the jungle without the stab.