cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Driver Side Friction Sway

hohenwald48
Explorer
Explorer
I have an Eaz-Lift friction sway device on the passenger side. TT tows just fine but for $50 I figure I'll go ahead and add one the the driver side too. Seems that Eaz-Lift offers a left and right and left side unit is about $25 more than the right side unit.

What's the difference and why does it matter? Seems to me you can just remove the sliding bar, flip it and put it back in and you have a driver side unit. What am I missing?
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

2019 Newmar Canyon Star 3627
2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU
4 REPLIES 4

Ruger3739
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 24ft 6800 lbs ish trailer and added the second bar (I spent the extra money and got the special one - stupid me). For some reason it caused sway!! I think it was just too tight with two bars. Went back to one and no sway,just an occasional push or pull from passing rigs and wind. Just my thoughts.

Pooter
Explorer
Explorer
I run mine on the left side. Just pull the bar out and flip it. For what it is worth most of the friction sways are identical to the $29 Harbor freight sway kit, it comes with a mount you can weld to your stinger if you are not using a WDH.

mooky_stinks
Explorer
Explorer
Does it come with the weld on mount for the ball on the hitch head? Most heads only have a mount on the passenger side.
2020 F150 XL Screw 4x4 6.5โ€box
3.5 ecoboost Max tow HDPP
7850 GVW. 4800 RAWR
2565 payload

2020 Cougar 29RKS 5th wheel

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
hohenwald48 wrote:
What am I missing?

About $51.

All about the same