Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dumping Black Tank

Freenanu
Explorer
Explorer
LAWRENCEVILLE, GA (CBS46) -

Georgia's Environmental Protection Division is investigating after a witness spotted a Democratic National Committee tour bus apparently dumping human waste into a storm drain.

Lawrenceville police are also investigating the claim which surfaced on Tuesday, a photo shown to us by a CBS46 viewer showed a Democratic National Committee tour bus apparently making the dump between campaign stops.

CBS46 viewer Mike Robins, manager of a nearby business, took several photos of the tour bus dumping waste into the storm drain. In the pictures, a liquid can be seen coming from the bottom of the bus.

According to Robins, a hazardous materials crew responded to the location and collected the waste to keep more of it from entering the storm drain.

"I don't care who you are. I don't care if you're Hillary Clinton. I don't care if you're Donald Trump. I don't care who you are, you don't throw human waste down a storm drain," said Robins. "Wastewater just dumping all out in the street, poured out in the storm drain, and at this time I've got my cell phone out and I'm taking pictures because I don't care who you are. That's just wrong."

The incident happened on Grayson Highway Tuesday morning after the bus left a campaign stop near the Gwinnett County Board of Elections Office where hundreds of voters were lined up to take part in early voting.

Police say when officers arrived on the scene, toilet paper was scattered on the roadway near the storm drain, and there was a foul smell.

CBS46 reached out to the DNC, which issued the following statement:

This was an honest mistake and we apologize to the Lawrenceville community for any harm we may have caused. We were unaware of any possible violations and have already taken corrective action with the charter bus company to prevent this from happening again. Furthermore, the DNC will work with the Georgia Department of Natural Resources, as well as local and state officials to determine the best course of corrective action.

The GA Environmental Protection Division said their investigator responded to the scene Wednesday morning, and said they're speaking with representatives from the charter company.

They'll then determine what penalties will be handed down, most likely to the charter company.

Copyright 2016 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/33418363/witness-dnc-tour-bus-dumps-human-waste-into-storm-drain#ixzz4NYuaHY5K
19 REPLIES 19

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
One only has to remember that Washington, D.C. is the city of no consequences.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Sam Spade wrote:
Alabama Jim wrote:
I thought the Democrats are supposed to be the party for the environment.

The bus was rented from a Charter Company.

No matter who or what you are, you don't involve yourself with every detail of what the bus company and it's employees do.

right, at this point, what difference does it make?
bumpy

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
Alabama Jim wrote:
I thought the Democrats are supposed to be the party for the environment.

The bus was rented from a Charter Company.

No matter who or what you are, you don't involve yourself with every detail of what the bus company and it's employees do.
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
DE88ROX wrote:
Sounds like when The Dave Mathews Band was in Chicago, and decided they would dump their tanks while crossing a bridge that spans the Chicago river.

Worst part was, the "debris" hit a group of passengers that were on the upper deck of a sightseeing river boat in the process.

sure that wasn't minneapolis?
on second thought, MN was where the IS bridge fell down, my bad.
bumpy

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm pretty sure the candidates (or Dave Matthews for that matter) themselves are not the ones pulling the lever to drain their bus tanks. However the campaign is responsible and will most likely get the bill for the cleanup as a poster in another thread alluded to.

What is really surprising is that after 2 pages, no one has said "you can't fix stupid"
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

DE88ROX
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like when The Dave Mathews Band was in Chicago, and decided they would dump their tanks while crossing a bridge that spans the Chicago river.

Worst part was, the "debris" hit a group of passengers that were on the upper deck of a sightseeing river boat in the process.
[COLOR=]TV- 2010 GMC Sierra Z71 EXT. cab
TT- 2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge235fb

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
If a member here did that what do you think would happen?
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

IBcarguy
Explorer
Explorer
This is getting a lot of press but if it's for real, I hope that they get cited and fined big time for it. So often these things only get publicity but no punishment.

Alabama_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
I thought the Democrats are supposed to be the party for the environment. Oh well the EPA poisoned a river out west while draining a mine. All talk to get us on the "right side" and then do what you want.

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
downtheroad wrote:
....and all of the previous editions of this have been locked/deleted because they immediately became POLITICAL.

I come here to the Forum to get away from the "political."

My "Lock" button on my keyboard no longer works.......all I have left is the "delete" key......:B
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)
stock Ford intake w/K&N air filter
used Thorley headers
new Banks resonator, muffler, tail pipe and 4" polished SS exhaust tip

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
....and all of the previous editions of this have been locked/deleted because they immediately became POLITICAL.

I come here to the Forum to get away from the "political."
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

TBammer
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, the jokes are spinning through my head, but I will spare you all.
2016 Chevy 2500 HD, 6.0 gasser, 4.10 dif
2019 Arctic Fox 25W
Reese Pro-Series WD Hitch

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
salem wrote:
....something interesting.

That is an understatement. Posted several times today and each one just seems to get more interesting.

salem
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the interesting post, Freenanu. I hadn't seen it yet, and I've been watching the television cable news most of the morning. Too bad that some members seem to get enjoyment out of attacking others just for trying to post something interesting.