cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fastway E2 WDH Question

bjkb1f
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a new, heavier TT and need to know what I need to do about my current WDH. I have a Fastway E2 that has been great on my little Apex Nano. The hitch is rated to 8,000 lbs and 800 lb tongue weight.

My new TT, should be about 7,000 maybe 7,500 fully loaded. I'd like to upgrade the spring bars to 1,000 tongue weight, but do I also need to upgrade the shank/hitch or are those all the same? Can I just throw new spring bars in the existing hitch?

The dealer asked if I have a 10,000 lb hitch. I see mine is 8,000, so wanted to check. I know my TT will never be over 8,000 lbs, but want to be sure all components are as strong as they need to be.

On eTrailer, it looks like all of the components are the same, except for the spring bars.

Thoughts?
4 REPLIES 4

bjkb1f
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all. I went ahead and called them - they didn't answer yesterday, which is why I posted here. Anyway, they said I can simply upgrade the spring bars. The other components are the same for 6K, 8K and 10K trailer weights.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
i believe you can't just upgrade the bars, you have to buy a new hitch head also.
agree that you should call Fastway tech support.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
A call is a good idea.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Like you said, It appears the same by the part numbers except for the bars.
Why dont you call them to verify?
e2