cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Finally found place mice mightget in

aruba5er
Explorer
Explorer
After years of dealing with mice, I think I finally found out where they are getting in. Last week I had a mouse in the fiver again (it's summertime, stay out) I looked and looked again and finally found that the 2" square tube that supports the slide out was cut on a bevel and open on the end.Could this be the place? I spray foamed the H out of it. Hopefuly this is the end. Now it's wait and see. No I won't be putting the traps away.
4 REPLIES 4

JohnG3
Explorer
Explorer
Been spending a lot of time stuffing fine steel wool in the gap where the manufacturer made a 4 inch hole for a 2 inch pipe to pass through. Dryer sheets worked well for a while. Will look for the peppermint.
John and Elaine. Furry ones, Bubba, Buddy, Barney and Miss Chevious
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40 SP
Know guns, know safety, know peace. No guns, no safety, no peace.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Michael's (craft store place) usually has peppermint OIL in their cake and candy-making aisle.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cotton balls soaked in pure peppermint oil works great for me. Kinda hard to find "PURE PEPPERMINT OIL" locally however... Had to order mine from AMAZON. I keep a zip lock bag full of soaked cotton balls here...

Mice don't see very well but boy do they have a sensitive nose...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
doubt it try looking where your propane lines go into the unit I found some where they chew the foam and get it