cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Finding a Corian refinisher?

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
I notice that a lot of MHs have Corian countertops recently. Maybe someone can help us. In our stick house kitchen, we have all Corian countertops with built-in double sink. the job is about 12 years old. One section has separated a tiny bit and the rest could use a light polishing/refinish. I thought it would be easy to find a Corning licensed tech to do it, but darned if I can find one. Home Depot which did our remodel has not been of any help. They subcontracted the Corian part of the job, of course. Maybe I'm not using the right search terminology on the web. We'd appreciate hearing anyone's experience with a Corian repair or service. Thanks.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background
7 REPLIES 7

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
Corian is a DuPont product and installers have to be certified by DuPont. I wouldn't hire anyone that isn't approved by DuPont.

Exactly! I have heard about Corian being ruined by other countertop contractors and chemicals. Didn't want to take that chance.
Darcy the Min Pin

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Corian is a DuPont product and installers have to be certified by DuPont. I wouldn't hire anyone that isn't approved by DuPont.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Home Depot got us the guy for tomorrow. He grinds a bit of scrap Corian and mixes it with a chemical to fill the separation. Local countertop guys that do granite, etc all told us they don't work with Corian. thanks all.
Darcy the Min Pin

Moved from Technology Corner

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchase some polishing compound and do it yourself. No special product needed for corian. A drill or orbital buffer makes the job easier or do it by hand.
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, most any countertop installer should handle this. You might check Lowes or HD to see if they would give you the name of one of their subs. Countertop people in your area

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look for a cabinet shop. They all should install Corian counter tops. If they don't do polishing, they will know who does. We had a cabinet shop polish the ones in our MH when the reglued the sink to the bottom of the Corian top.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.