cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First Time Winterizing

JohnG4706
Explorer
Explorer
This will be my first-time winterizing my Puma 23FB. I live in Myrtle Beach and we don't get the sever freezing down here. After reading several posts, I have decided to use my air compressor, set at 40 psi, and blow my lines, shower and toilet hoses out. I will then flush and let gravity drain my black, grey and fresh water tanks and open the two low point drains under the tub and drain.

I have a Truma continuous HW heater and followed their instructions on draining their unit.

I will put the RV antifreeze in the p-traps and on top of the toilet slide valves.

My question is how to drain/flush the fresh water pump? I don't see a siphoning tube. What do I need to do? How do I get the RV antifreeze in the tangle of hoses around the pump and in the pump? I had the factory install the winterizing kit but had the Truma continuous HW heater installed afterwards. Where is the winterizing kit normally installed?

Am I forgetting anything?

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a couple of photos from my previous camper and my current camper.
The first photo, I to removed the in-take line and attach the line for the "pink" stuff. The blue clip pulls allowing the "plug" on the line to attach and seal. It was simple to just switch the lines back and forth.

Here's a photo of my current camper. I attached the winterization hose kit myself. It has a simple valve that will select water to pump form the holding tank, or switch it to pump from the clear hose (pink stuff).

Hope this helps:

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
After draining FW tank I run the pump until dry. I have never had any problems. If you have any water filters remove them. Water collects in the housing. Ice maker? disconnect water line and blow that out. Don't forget blowing out toilet flush line.