cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First time

acut2660
Explorer
Explorer
Just returned from my first trip towing my Wrangler JKU behind my Jayco Greyhawk. Made it almost all the way home, two hour trip(half mile away from house), and my wiring came loose at the 7-way and I lost my lighting on the Jeep. Thank you to a passing motorist for advising. Other than that, it was smooth sailing. Have to say I was a little nervous at first.

My setup is a 2015 Jayco Greyhawk and 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I used the Currie baseplate, with the ReadyBrute Elite towbar, and wiring from Trailermate that plugged in to the factory taillights.
2 REPLIES 2

acut2660
Explorer
Explorer
So I hooked it all back up again last night and it worked. I am thinking you may be right and I didn't get the plug seated perfectly which may have caused it go back out a drop. I guess I am just going to have to take another trip and see how if I run into the same problem. Of course I will do a test drive locally with a follow car for safety purposes first.

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Standard 7-way has a catch that is supposed to make sure it doesn't. When plugging in, I always test by doing a little tugging on the cable. If it is properly plugged in, the catch will be set, and it won't come out without lifting the cover to release the catch. My guess is you didn't get it properly seated in the first place, so you might want to check that in future.

Welcome back from that first trip, and yes indeed, thank goodness for those passers-by willing to give folks a hand by pointing out problems we might not otherwise find until we got home or real disaster struck.