cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

FLA REG FEES

jk31668
Explorer
Explorer
OUCH! recently moved to Fla. and was hammered by their rules. In order to register my 2010 MH you are required to get a new fla title and then get new fla tag. Cost? $450. am told the reason is fla does not have income tax so this is how they make up for it. just be aware of what to expect. cost is almost the same for a car too.:(
20 REPLIES 20

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
jk31668 wrote:
OUCH! recently moved to Fla. and was hammered by their rules. In order to register my 2010 MH you are required to get a new fla title and then get new fla tag. Cost? $450. am told the reason is fla does not have income tax so this is how they make up for it. just be aware of what to expect. cost is almost the same for a car too.:(

Is that the total out the door? Title and registration? How long are the tags good for one year, tow years?

Here in Oregon our 32' 5th wheel cost $229 for two years, with 60 percent going to Oregon Parks dept.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
It's a one time impact fee. Unlike a ppt, you pay it once then your tag is bought each year. Our old 40' Mountain Aire tag was $100, my TT is $28 and my utility trailer is $17 based on type and weight.
If you trade, you transfer those tags to the new vehicle with no impact fee.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Lucky you... Here in Michigan our MH costs $1700 / year for registration!
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
In Georgia, my Travel Trailer is taxed as personal property tax. it was going to cost me $350 for my 2014 TT, but I traded for my 2016 before the reg was due.

AND I pay state income tax....

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
I take it you are moving or have moved to Fl.
If you have a tag from a previous registration you can change it over in Fl.
If you are registering a vehicle in any state and want to buy a tag, it should be normal to have to register it in that state, This tax is not nearly as bad as some states which tax you every year on your personal property.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

csamayfield55x
Explorer
Explorer
I wish mine was 450!!

In nevada my registration for my 1YO 5er is 760.00 this year but I pay no income tax

Chris
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins Quad cab
B&W 20K turnover ball, Proline custom flatbed
Tekonsha P3
2015 Open Rang Light 311FLR