cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ford/Lincoln Hybrid baseplate

two-niner
Explorer
Explorer
Currently have Roadmaster system on 06 Grand Vatari. Sterling Tow Bar.
Going to a late model ford/Lincoln hybrid.
Need advice from rv'ers who have these model cars. What base plate did you use and why?
Last summer met a poster "Duner" who had a broken blue ox base plate and his wife had to drive hundreds of miles following him until they arrived at factory. I have a good opinion of blue ox but this gave me pause. He had, I think, a 2012 Lincoln hybrid.
Thanks,

Kerry
6 REPLIES 6

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
I had used Roadmaster base plates.
But had to go with a Blue Ox for my new 2014 MKS EcoBoost.

As Roadmaster doesn't make a base plate for it.
Called them and they did say if I drove it out to the factor they would make one.
Close to 3,000 miles one way. NO thanks.
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

two-niner
Explorer
Explorer
While we're on the subject: Any recommendations for baseplate, lights, etc, installation west of the Rockies?

Thanks, Kerry

DouglasC
Explorer
Explorer
Have used Roadmaster base plates and tow bars for 20 years - - very reliable and great company to work with. Have towed over 100,000 miles - - now on 2nd tow bar.
Doug
2006 Jayco Greyhawk Model 27DS
Towing 2019 Ford Fusion Energi with Brake Buddy

two-niner
Explorer
Explorer
Okay, Thanks for the response. Blue Ox it is! Never want to "ugly up" the front.

Kerry

Takenabreak
Explorer
Explorer
We are using a Blue Ox baseplate on a 2014 Fusion Hybrid. We have only towed this car about 2000 miles ... But so far so good. The baseplate looked well constructed and it didn't "ugly up" the front of the car too bad.
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 35U (Workhorse)
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid (Toad)

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2011 Ford Fusion Hybrid and I have a blue ox base plate and alpha tow bar no issues easy to hook up
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD