cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Former Head of FBI Hired To Investigate Pilot Flying J

R12RTee
Explorer
Explorer
The Flying J cheating scandal is not going away.

Link to Trucker Report article
2021 DRV Mobile Suites 38RSSA
2021 Ram 6.7 HO
10 REPLIES 10

atilla7
Explorer
Explorer
Well my friends ..we all use diesel as the mean of getting our self to point A to point B that rebate fraud from pilot flying j is affecting every small to medium trucking co and off course the deep pocket trucking co ..the average American has no mean and no voice in this .. There is a group of good fellow American willing to help and see if any of them has a cause including RV lover

you mite like to check the web wwww.pilotflyingjclassaction.com
they can help with the audit of fuel records purchase
Them lawyers with the ex FBI chief are not really interested of the small to medium ..

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
there have been posts where these class action lawsuits, etc. only profit the lawyers and not those "wronged". Yesterday I received my huge check from the American Express lawsuit in the amount of $8.23.
So the small/innocent/consumer can get victory.
bumpy

rgodfrey
Explorer
Explorer
Laman wrote:
wny_pat wrote:
Louis Freeh investigating??? Do that want the investigation to last forever and come up empty handed?

You obviously don't remember that Louis Freeh headed up the Penn State/Sandusky situation and cover-up. Did not take long and came up with some definite findings.

You are correct...the investigation was short and they did come up with definite findings. However, the validity of these findings has come into question. It will be interesting to see if the jurors in the trials of the Penn State Administrators agree.
2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J (Workhorse Chasis)
2010 Jeep Liberty Limited Toad

Laman
Explorer
Explorer
wny_pat wrote:
Louis Freeh investigating??? Do that want the investigation to last forever and come up empty handed?

You obviously don't remember that Louis Freeh headed up the Penn State/Sandusky situation and cover-up. Did not take long and came up with some definite findings.
1998 American Eagle 40' EVS, 2011 Ford Edge, Falcon 2 tow bar
DW and 2 DD's

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II
The Trucker link is down. Here's another one:

WaPo Article
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Truckers pay the pump price. A large trucking firm has trucks all over the U.S. buying fuel at numerous Flying J stations. At the end of the billing period Flying J adds up the total fuel and sends them a rebate based on volume. Seems like it would be quite a task to keep track of all the trucks and Flying J stations on a 24/7 basis. All the Flying J stations sending info to billing office and then getting it to trucking firms. I could see errors occurring even if they were honest with changing fuel prices in different areas of the U.S. I know it is computerized but the computer is not any smarter than the person entering data.

They wanted to make a big news splash adding retired FBI agent investigating. FBI agents are just like the rest of us when they retire. NO POLICE POWERS.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Popsie wrote:
What is the Pilot Flying J scandal?

I read the linked article, but it doesn't really say what was going on -- I guess some trucking companies were not getting rebates ?????

The discounts that Pilot Flying J gives to RVers seem to be applied when you pay for your fuel.

Is there some other discount/rebate that were entitled to but didn't receive?

Should we be getting some kind of Class Action notice?

In a nutshell, some trucking companies contract with Flying J for fuel purchases at reduced prices based on volume. Periodically, FJ sends them rebates from the pump prices, and is alleged to have shorted them in some cases. The immediate discounts that RV'ers and other "Frequent Fuelers" receive are not affected.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Popsie
Explorer
Explorer
What is the Pilot Flying J scandal?

I read the linked article, but it doesn't really say what was going on -- I guess some trucking companies were not getting rebates ?????

The discounts that Pilot Flying J gives to RVers seem to be applied when you pay for your fuel.

Is there some other discount/rebate that were entitled to but didn't receive?

Should we be getting some kind of Class Action notice?

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Once something like this happens everybody jumps on the band wagon to get their piece of the pie. Keep in mind anybody can sue anybody for just about anything, or even nothing. Don't like your neighbor sue him. Doesn't matter if you win or not. It will cost him just to defend himself. That in itself is punishment. I'm not saying Flying J didn't do anything wrong. They got caught & it is being corrected. These sue happy people are as bad as Flying J. JMHO.