cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

full timing

joebart828
Explorer
Explorer
about a year ago i started rving full time signed up to my rv mail was told i can use that address as my legal address for florida. informed everyone that i deal with the new address my bank told me that address was illegal the patriot act so i closed that bank account opened another account with no problem went to motor vehicle department with no problem would get into any type of trouble if they done a credit check on me. if motor vehicle department should check into it then what how can i go about doing something now to prevent any trouble in the future?
6 REPLIES 6

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
joebart828 wrote:
thanks for the info but try getting a loan or a credit card using the my rv mail account an it comes up as a mail handling company an under the patriot act it is illegal to have a address at one such as my rv mail or others like it i tried getting getting a wells fargo credit card an told i can't because it was a mail handling facility now before they freeze my accounts what do i do that is the question of the day

The Patriot Act (anti-money laundering section) specifies that you can use next of kin or another contact if you don't have a residential address. See if your bank will accept this. You may want to quote chapter and verse to them.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35’ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41’ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31’ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

joebart828
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the info but try getting a loan or a credit card using the my rv mail account an it comes up as a mail handling company an under the patriot act it is illegal to have a address at one such as my rv mail or others like it i tried getting getting a wells fargo credit card an told i can't because it was a mail handling facility now before they freeze my accounts what do i do that is the question of the day

MTPockets1
Explorer
Explorer
Dog Folks wrote:
I can only share our experience with you:

We have been with MY RV Mail for eight years now and used the address as our legal one. We have two bank accounts at two different banks in Florida.

During that time we have renewed our trailer and truck registrations every year and our Drivers' Licenses, once.

This year, to renew our driver's license, we had to appear at the DMV in person with birth certificate, social security card, and two proofs of residency. We used our insurance policy and insurance card, both of which had the My RV Mail address. (As 41 year residents and taxpayers in Florida, I resented this jumping through hoops, but that is subject for another post.)

Those are accepted forms of proof by the DMV and we renewed with no problem. The driver's license are now good for eight years and next time renewable by internet.

I can't imagine why the DMV would want to run a credit check, and I doubt that the clerk at the DMV counter has the ability to do so.

We express our box number at MY RV mail as "Apt. #"

Hope this helps.
. Same with us. Been with RV Mail 2 yrs. Everything has the PMB number. License, Bank, Credit Cards, insurance, etc. never a problem.
2012 3055RL Big Horn - Dexter upgraded axles - G rated LT Tires
MorRyde, Genset, Dual Panes, 2 A/C, Yeti Package
2013 F350 DRW 4x4 Crew King Ranch

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
I can only share our experience with you:

We have been with MY RV Mail for eight years now and used the address as our legal one. We have two bank accounts at two different banks in Florida.

During that time we have renewed our trailer and truck registrations every year and our Drivers' Licenses, once.

This year, to renew our driver's license, we had to appear at the DMV in person with birth certificate, social security card, and two proofs of residency. We used our insurance policy and insurance card, both of which had the My RV Mail address. (As 41 year residents and taxpayers in Florida, I resented this jumping through hoops, but that is subject for another post.)

Those are accepted forms of proof by the DMV and we renewed with no problem. The driver's license are now good for eight years and next time renewable by internet.

I can't imagine why the DMV would want to run a credit check, and I doubt that the clerk at the DMV counter has the ability to do so.

We express our box number at MY RV mail as "Apt. #"

Hope this helps.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
the first bank you told what you were doing. you didn't tell the second one. don't ask, don't tell.
bumpy

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
you may want to post this in the fulltiming forum cause thats where the people who do that hang out and u may get better answers over there thank you
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman