cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Furniture in the RV

DynoDragn
Explorer
Explorer
Ok I'm looking at buying a regular love seat to replace the twin recliners that are currently a waste of space. I saw a regular love seat with a console that weighed 100lbs that was pretty cool.
My question is how much does an RV love seat with console weigh? The regular one is about half the cost and has more features.
2016 Ram 2500 Longhorn 6.7
2015 XLR Nitro
2012 Ford F-350 DRW King Ranch 6.7
2013 Landmark San Antonio
6 REPLIES 6

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
We just replaced our loveseat/couch in our fiver last weekend. Put in a 60" leather loveseat with electric recliners, wall hugger. Had to take the bed portion out of the old couch and the back off of the new loveseat but they both fit through the door, barely. Best upgrade we've done so far.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

DynoDragn
Explorer
Explorer
F-TROUP wrote:
The wife didn't care for the short love seat so upgraded to a regular sofa, much better comfort wise. Had to remove the rear window to remove the old and install the new, so 50 1/2" screws later the window was out. Took 3 of us to do it, but was easy.

That's thinking outside the box!
2015 XLR Nitro

DynoDragn
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:
Most of the RV furniture I have seen is smaller than regular house furniture... Might want to take that into consideration when looking for replacements...

There is also another consideration of being able to get the RV furniture in and out of the one RV doorway in most cases... Those are not normal size household doorways as well...

Roy Ken

Didn't think of the doorway width. Will have to do some measuring for sure.
2015 XLR Nitro

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
The wife didn't care for the short love seat so upgraded to a regular sofa, much better comfort wise. Had to remove the rear window to remove the old and install the new, so 50 1/2" screws later the window was out. Took 3 of us to do it, but was easy.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most of the RV furniture I have seen is smaller than regular house furniture... Might want to take that into consideration when looking for replacements...

There is also another consideration of being able to get the RV furniture in and out of the one RV doorway in most cases... Those are not normal size household doorways as well...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
DynoDragn wrote:
Ok I'm looking at buying a regular love seat to replace the twin recliners that are currently a waste of space. I saw a regular love seat with a console that weighed 100lbs that was pretty cool.
My question is how much does an RV love seat with console weigh? The regular one is about half the cost and has more features.

you might try calling the mfg with the RV's VIN and see if they can tell you. otherwise go weigh the RV, remove the old furniture and then re-weigh.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle