Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Generator Stopped Sending Power

ttharrisons
Explorer
Explorer
Hello fellow rvers,
My brother-in-law has been using my 5th wheel, and is using a generator that he borrowed from a friend. He said it's been working fine all week, but last night, the trailer was not getting power from the generator. I asked him the obvious about gas in the generator, and he said yes. I've never used a generator camping, so I have no idea why there's no power. I"m guessing some sort of malfunction with the generator.

Any thoughts or input is appreciated.

thanks,
Derrick/Brenda/2 kids & Sissy (our Yellow Lab)
'01 Ford F250 SuperDuty Crew Cab
Triton V10 / 3.73 / Prodigy Brake Controller
'03 Jayco Eagle 305 BHS-5er
4 REPLIES 4

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Most generators have a built in GFCI. The on!y way to reset one of these is with the engine running.

ttharrisons
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, I will ask hime those questions when he contacts me.
Derrick/Brenda/2 kids & Sissy (our Yellow Lab)
'01 Ford F250 SuperDuty Crew Cab
Triton V10 / 3.73 / Prodigy Brake Controller
'03 Jayco Eagle 305 BHS-5er

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Check that there are no breakers tripped on the generator itself. Is there possibly an illuminated overload light on the generator? If the generator checks out then treat it like it's plugged in to shore power.

Is the shore power cord plugged in (to the generator)
Are any breakers in the RV tripped?
Is there absolutely no power? Or do you have some outlets powered and some not powered?
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Is the generator running and not producing power?
Or, is the generator not running?

If it runs and does not produce power, check for breakers on the generator and the power cord is properly plugged in.