cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Goodyear HMG 2020 tire

CHD_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody use above tire? Found lots of boat guys use them online but cant seem to dig up many TT users. Been trying to find replacements for my cheap tires and pickings are slim for 14" rims.

Kuhmo 857, nobody has them locally. Discount can order them in but price was insane and they wont match Tire Rack. Was well over $700 OTD.

Maxxis 8008 - same deal but worse. Nobody can get them period.

Continental Vanco 2 was brought up in smaller 185/R size (I have 205/75) but those are only found at Tire Rack on closeout.

I called two of Tire Racks preferred installers and they both told me they would do it but there is no warranty through them, its all with Tire Rack and the prices were higher vs. buying from them. That they offered was the Goodyear HMG 2020 tire in a 205/75-14. Load range D, 8 ply, 2040# rating at 65psi. Also, big bonus - Made in Canada!

Guy told me they were just like the old U-Haul trailer tires, Goodyear used to make these for U-Haul. Said they were pretty much bulletproof to survive all the idiots towing the U-Haul trailers everywhere at any speed they felt like. Its the only tire they sell for the local guys with big money bass boats and I know those boats cost way more than my TT. He has never had an issue with one other than normal wear.

Price was well over $100 cheaper than the Kuhmo's installed, balanced and with high pressure metal valve stems.

If you look online they show an old, crazy off road version of the tire. The ones they sell are the standard ribbed zig-zag highway pattern. You can find one photo of that model in Google images.

** dont suggest going to a 15" rim, I know that opens up a world of tires but I dont have the clearance **
2012 FR Surveyor Sport 295
2015 Nissan NVP 3500 SL 5.6L
Tekonsha P3 / "New" Blue Ox Sway Pro
4 REPLIES 4

CHD_Dad
Explorer
Explorer
I really like Michelin tires but I cant find that size Agilis anywhere. I am being told that was a test run size and not available. Fortunately I have two friends who work at Michelin who are looking into finding me a set.

I did find out the Goodyears I am looking at are bias ply tires. Never ran bias ply before. From a little research it looks like they tend to run hotter and stiffer and could flat spot from sitting over the winter. I would think that all of those characteristics would be bad on a TT but I cant find any bad reviews of them period.
2012 FR Surveyor Sport 295
2015 Nissan NVP 3500 SL 5.6L
Tekonsha P3 / "New" Blue Ox Sway Pro

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the Michelin Agilis AS LT commercial application

205/75R14C 109Q 26.1 " at 2266 lbs @ 69 psi.

http://www.michelinman.com/tire-selector/name/agilis-tires?Wt.mc_id=Paid%2520Search;Google;michelin%...
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Look up Hercules. A very good reputable tire. The guy who sold us ours was in Marathon FL and they were cheaper than in VA or W VA, said he had sold them for years but if I wanted he would order Marathons but he did'nt like them.
http://www.knmtireonline.com/tire-brands/hercules-tires.aspx

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have you checked the diameter of your 14" tires and compare to what is available in 15"?

Call Scott at trailertiresandwheels.com I am sure he can help you.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD