cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grease soaked brakes, Will Lippert reimburse me?

73guna
Explorer
Explorer
In preparation for an upcoming trip I pulled the drum brakes and found all seals leaking and two of the drum brake assemblies completely soaked with grease.
Ive read up on Lippert axles and am aware of the issues people are having.
Im not going to take it anywhere to get repairs completed because I feel its a safety issue to drive this on the street, but will be making the repair myself,
I sent a formal email LCI requesting them to pay for parts associated with repair and am waiting for a reply.
What are the odds they will help me out on this?
2007 Chevy Silverado Crewcab Duramax.
2016 Wildwood 31qbts.
33 REPLIES 33

USAFBILL
Explorer
Explorer
Could have been done at the dealer when they prepped the unit if the tech used a high pressure grease gun and it was his last day of employment..JMO
2003 Cougar 285EFS
2000 Chev 2500 Ex Cab

73guna
Explorer
Explorer
There's no other way it could have been done then at the factory or faulty seal/install.
This is the first time Ive had them off.
Are you saying Im in for a fight. :M

2007 Chevy Silverado Crewcab Duramax.
2016 Wildwood 31qbts.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I had a problem with my TT frame several years ago. It was bad. We contacted our dealer who contacted Keystone who contacted Lippert. Long story short, Lippert sent a crew to the camper (which was not at my house), fixed it, and didn't cost a cent, other than paint to repaint part of the frame.

Before jumping in, ordering parts, and demanding repayment, contact them and state the problem and give them a chance to respond. If you jump in and attempt the repair yourself, they may deny you. They may also provide a repair crew to come out to your camper and do the repair, right there. But if you jump in and start dismantling and replacing, and then demanding resolution, they may turn a deaf ear to you, as they now cannot validate what the original situation looked like.

Doing it yourself, if you've already started, you might as well finish now, and take your losses. Sorry!

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Probably only if you can convince them it was done at the factory. Or due to faulty seals or seals installation from the factory.