cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gulf Stream 23 info

Sailor321
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a 2014 23 ft Gulf Stream receiently (used). I contacted Gulf Stream to get drawings and wiring diagrams along with any other user info they could provide. The reply was that they had no info on file because they have several plants and cannot keep info on all the units they manufacture. It is still under warranty, how do they handle that? Is wiring and plumbing info available for these?
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Matt_Colie
Explorer II
Explorer II
What they said is true. For most of the house wiring they hand a guy a coil of wire and say "Go!" Codes have to be followed, but that doesn't mean much. The plumbing was designed a probably IAPMO approved, but that is also a poor bet.

So, make them yourself.
Get a notebook and some page protectors.
Trace the plumbing. Draw pictures, no one will grade them.
Get a wire tracker and track as much as you can or at least take a day and make a house fuse/breaker diagram. If you do that now, you will have it when you need it. Nothing ever breaks when you are along side in nice weather.

Build these resources now.
This is the advice that I used to give to new boat owners before the depression shut us down. Sometimes I got hired to do this, but usually as a part of a damage recovery.

(Says the guy that bought a coach that has all this from the factory.)

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
very few manufacturers will provide wiring diagrams or drawings.
there is no place for downloading any either.

this, along with a generic owners manual, is pretty much the RV industry standard.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Moved from Forum Technical Support

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
doubt it