cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Handy Hints, Gadgets, Products & Gizmos

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
Another member suggested a new forum section with new products but it doesn't look like it will be feasible. So I thought I would post this here under General RVing Issues. If enough people post (even if you have mentioned it before in another post) we can keep it near the top?

Do you have a handy hint, a new product or an old product that makes your RVing or Camping much better?

(Sorry, no commercial advertising allowed)

I'll start:

Someone in the Camping Van posted a reference to using a Super-Chamois to wipe down their shower. I have been using an icky old thick sponge and I like the chamois idea so much more.

Now I want to hear what works for you
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge
3,560 REPLIES 3,560

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
What is a "black strike?"
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

SRAKC
Explorer
Explorer
You know, a strange part of me wants to try this. How cool would a stowable deck be at the local CG? My DW would probably leave me if I attempted this mod.

Fold down deck

๐Ÿ™‚

Steve.
SRAKC
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee (4.7L) :C
2004 Jayco EXP 18F :B
Two Wild Westies :R

clifford81
Explorer
Explorer
Roasted marshmellows?
"Some national parks have long waiting lists for camping reservations. When you have to wait a year to sleep next to a tree, something is wrong." ~George Carlin

eisleyr
Explorer
Explorer
"Product": For Black Strikes I use Gel-Gloss and a water hose. Put some Gel-Gloss on a damp spong, rub the black strikes away and rinse right behind. Takes the black strikes off and puts a thin coat of polish (not wax) on the camper to help black strikes from coming back. Little bit of elbow gease but it works compared to other products I've used.
Rob & Kathy
1997 F53 Southwind 34Ft
2004 Honda CR-V
Good Sam Member since 1992

T5Bird
Explorer
Explorer
Speaking of Solar... I cut the stakes off of a few solar powered garden lights and added a hanger to the tops. They make great patio lights to hang from the awning, and use no power.
1988 F-250 7.3 diesel...Banks Charged. / 2005 Fleetwood Pioneer 180CK

WELUVCMPNG
Explorer
Explorer
My favorite gizmo my DH added is the plexiglass on the sceen door. I can have my outside door open and still run the heat or A/C. More light in the camper, dogs can see out, and camping friends know when outside door is open they are welcome to come in.
Roger and Angie
1 Teenager, 1 Black Lab,1 Ratt Terrier
05 Nissan Titan, 06 Keystone Cougar

dlhaynes
Explorer
Explorer
The Falcon wrote:
Lowes sells solar lights that are about the shape and size of two cigarette packs. They can be laid flat on your dash during the day and can be used as night lights when you are dry camping. I bought two and installed on and off switches to turn them off when not in use.

The small solar charged battery powered lights are great!!! We use them and really like them.

One gizmo that I plan on getting is a wind-up flashlight. I already have a solar/wind-up radio. Don't have to carry so many batteries that way.
'06 Mountain Aire DP :B
'06 Jeep Liberty Ltd
Passport America
Good Sam's LT
F277106
Kountry Klub; Volunteer Kruisers #72 :B
Full Timing all over ourselves :W !!!
Our Website

The_Falcon
Explorer
Explorer
Lowes sells solar lights that are about the shape and size of two cigarette packs. They can be laid flat on your dash during the day and can be used as night lights when you are dry camping. I bought two and installed on and off switches to turn them off when not in use.
Precision Guesses
Joe&Jan 2003 Hurricane 30Q V10
2004 Jeep Liberty, Blue Ox, Brake Buddy

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
One of the "gizmos" I added is a water sprayer at the front of the motorhome to help wash my windshield.

I attached 1/2" pex tubing from the water line feeding the outside shower head and ran it to the front of the motorhome. It was then attached it to a brass female air compressor fitting mounted on a bracket. I then purchased a regular sink sprayer with extension tubing at Home Depot and put a male air compressor fitting on the end.

I always have clean warm water to wash the windshield or clean the days accumulation of bugs from the front of the motorhome. The sprayer provides enough water without making a mess and is much more convenient than getting a regular hose out.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

aeejbe
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't know whether THIS is considered "commercial advertising" but...
I'm still learning about ALL the information that's available from my new best friend & traveling buddy - ScanGauge.

SRAKC
Explorer
Explorer
We filled our kitchen cabinets with lazy susans...that's what I know them as. It's more or less a plate that rotates on bearings so you have easier access to cups, cans, boxes, etc.

Steve.
SRAKC
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee (4.7L) :C
2004 Jayco EXP 18F :B
Two Wild Westies :R

jwduke
Explorer
Explorer
A weather band radio, for severe weather. Could be a life saver..........
'04 Dodge 2500 QC 4x4 w/CTD
'03 Hitchhiker II 31RLBG

Leftcoaster
Explorer
Explorer
Made a small rack to hold the cone type coffee filters so they don't lie flat and get messed up in the cupboard. Made a wine glass holder that fits on the inside top of the cabinet doors, out of the way of things inside, and holds 4 wine glasses in cushioned C shaped slots. Making a folding 30" tall 24"x42" table which will fit in my basement and hold the rvq and plates and tools and can sub as an outdoor picnic table for 4. Seems like every trip I think of some other little gizmo to help with storage or to make it easier camping.
Leftcoaster
28e33ts Titanium 5'r and 2005 duramax 2500hd 4x4
Been there, done that, gonna go back and do it all over again slower this time.
Everyone here brings happiness, some by coming in, others by leaving.

lockdoc
Explorer
Explorer
nice thread! Very helpful. Need to make this one a sticky if enough people will tell their tips.
2000 Newmar Mountain Aire 4093
Rotax 912 powered parachute
Loving DW, DS& soon to be DIL, DD GS Owners web site

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
Sagebrush, just enter "Sewer Solution" in the search box at the top of the page; you'll get more than enough hits. Basics: a water driven jet pump ('eductor'), fits on your dump outlet, uses water hose pressure to pump uphill (within limits) thru ~1" hose. Google for a company web site that gives the specs. Costs about $100, works very well.

Jim, "You have reached the end of the Internet. Go outside and play."
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')