cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home - Waste Dump

Lakejumper
Explorer
Explorer
I’m having my sewer clean out moved out from underneath our home. I want to be able to dump the RV in it. What size line should we use, 3” or 4”?
Lakejumper

2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
2012 Chevy Equinox
20 REPLIES 20

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a septic tank, there should be a line in, a line out and a cleanout in the lid. You don't want to dump in that cleanout, instead you should have a tee in the line that goes in. I suspect that your "cleanout" is a Y on the pipe from the house to the septic tank and that would be fine for dumping as long as you maintain a capped Y for future clogging issues. For your dump line, 3" or 4" is fine, the most common size is 4".

In my area they are pushing for installation of a manhole in the tank lid so it can be properly inspected. Yes, pumping and inspection is now required.

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
Mine is 4" but yours should be what ever size pipe that you connecting to.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

We don't have one at home, but at the shop ours is 4"
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

RAllison
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 4" pvc line for my cleanout, works fine.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
sewer clean-out access are almost always at least 6"...ours at home is. i have our line cleaned out annually to prevent nasty backups. the guys were here yesterday and used a 6" cutter.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking the plumber would decide that but I think ours is at least four inches; probably more like 6.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)