cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do you sell a relatively new rv and downsize/moneywise?

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a new 2022 Entegra Vision 27A in February 2022/30 feet. Like a lot of things about it but we also had to do fixes that we should not have had to (leaky drains, front end align, lots of handling stuff, etc)

I am not sure we will keep it for the 10+ years I thought we would. What I do not like is we cannot go anywhere near what our former 24 foot class C can do because we are lower, less nibble...lol. We do mostly boondocking with some paid/volunteer Florida winter time.

We are living in it and will until we decide to sell it. I am thinking we will then go to a truck and trailer....so it will cost us less than what we sell Vision for. Have folks here been able to sell pricey rv's (most way more than ours) themselves? Through consignment? Then take that money and get something else. So trade in is out even if it was even steven which it won't be.
21 REPLIES 21

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
When buying used RV check for any modifications the owner may have done that could cause troubles such as electrical wiring and repair that may be unsafe. They may not volunteer this info. I have read a few horror stories on the forums like this one.

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
We paid cash for it so no troubles there and I think we got a pretty good deal and have put lots of mods into it including 5 more solar panels...to make it a mean boondocking machine. Works great for that accept just cannot get this beast into where we/I really want to go. A truck camper girl in a class A...but I do like the tankage. I know I cannot have everything. Wish I knew what I wanted next modelwise.

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
Are you prepared for the substantial financial hit from depreciation? You bought a new rig and will be selling a used one. Expect to lose at least 20% and likely more. Interest rates have also moved much higher in the last few months putting downward pressure on prices you can get on a sale and raising payments for prospective buyers. Finally, inventories in new rigs are returning to normal after COVID, so selling is no longer shooting fish in a barrel. You may want to try and accept the limitations of your rig and enjoy the advantages if money is a concern.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
The RV will never be worth more than it is today. May as well ask what is needed and see what happens.
If the RV is truly upside down, this is a good time to start paying double+ on the payments.

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, yeah, I am fully aware that no rv is anywhere near perfect. My issues are more access to boondocking areas. I wanted used and usually we do but we stumbled upon a new vision with a 12 cf refrigerator and king bed in an interior color that was not nasty pukey brown and I was sold/farmhouse white.

I've thought about a schoolie but access on that is just as bad but it would be no slides. Right now I want a motorhome but eventually I may not although the convenience to food and bathroom is really nice.

We spent two days in Middlebury IN/service getting work done...mostly minor stuff as hubby had fixed the leaky plumbing/couldn't wait on that. Our vision 27a was the cheapest unit there waiting for work...surrounded by $750k plus motorhomes.

I've heard repeatedly that whatever price you paid doesn't matter still going to be issues. Unfortunate it is.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bobbo said it. the facts are in his words.for sales if you don,t like it? bite the bullet take your loss and get rid of the headache.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
dcason wrote:
We bought a new 2022 Entegra Vision 27A in February 2022/30 feet. Like a lot of things about it but we also had to do fixes that we should not have had to (leaky drains, front end align, lots of handling stuff, etc)

I can't address your sales question, but if you buy ANY RV, from ANY manufacturer, you will have those same kinds of aggravating issues. RV quality control, today, is where automotive quality control was in the 1960's, before the Japanese started selling quality cars here and took market share from the shoddy US manufacturers. There are NO RV manufacturers that do really quality work. Even the high dollar ones. If you want to avoid those aggravations, buy used, after the previous owner handled all of those issues.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB