cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hydraulic Levelers work fine..when I can get them down.

kimberlysmoore
Explorer
Explorer
Quite often I'm not able to drop my rear right level flat on the ground so it can raise. I assume this can be a common problem from the tilt of the road and parking spots ect. I'm wondering if my rear tires are too small for my rig. Size 195s with 95psi. Duallies, 1989 pace arrow 33 foot.
Sometimes I can drop the left one, raise it a little, then drop the right one and get it set to raise it but it's not a consistant work-around.
Ki
5 REPLIES 5

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
I would bet the rear springs have sagged- a good spring shop could re-arch them, raising the rear a couple of inches.
-- Chris Bryant

kimberlysmoore
Explorer
Explorer
Homer wrote:
Check your fluid level first. Make sure your breather is not clogged.
If that is all ok take an AMP draw on the motor.

Fluid level is fine. No clogs. The levelers work. The rv seams too short to accommodate the level.
A little bit of info on front air bags..they are busted. They need to be replaced. Could that be allowing my rig to sit lower than it was originally intended? That would explain the 1 inch to 2 inch height I need to lower the leveler when I'm parked on an angle.

kimberlysmoore
Explorer
Explorer
rvten wrote:
How about some more info.
Brand of Jacks, manual or automatic.
Brand and model MH.

Not really applicable. They work fine. It's a matter of the vehicle being too short, tires too small maybe, to allow the leveler to drop flat on ground, especially when I'm on the side of the road, parked and the rv is leaning to the right.

Homer1
Explorer
Explorer
Check your fluid level first. Make sure your breather is not clogged.
If that is all ok take an AMP draw on the motor.

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
How about some more info.
Brand of Jacks, manual or automatic.
Brand and model MH.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+