cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I'll be damned.......customer service exists.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just pulled the cover off our 17 Rockwood TT for the season and noticed the plastic fender skirt cracked all the way across, which apparently cracked due to stress from the factory not predrilling and just running the screws through the plastic. At 3 other screw locations cracks were also starting.

Fresh out of warranty.

I fired off an email to Rockwood with a picture, in 3 days new skirts were on my front porch. As a bonus the ones sent were larger and appear to be thicker material. And the new ones confirmed what I suspected as the skirts are just dimpled and not drilled so the combination of running the screws through, and then a couple of sub zero winters.......hello cracks.

So yes customer service still exists sometimes with RV manufacturers......thanks Rockwood.

That's 3 for 3 in two years with Rockwood. More than I can say for Keystone with the previous trailer who essentially said $#=ร— off while the warranty was still in effect.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?
7 REPLIES 7

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
FunnyCamper wrote:
Hooray!!
Heartland always came thru for us on our units and we have always loved this company cause for some reason while others got nailed by them, they always came thru for us. Happy you got it handled!

Me too. I was very happy with Heartland service from the factory as I am with Cedar Creek also. No complaints here.

B.O
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
colliehauler wrote:
I have found Forest River to be very responsive and Keystone could care less in my dealings as well.

We had a 2013 Keystone Passport purchased in 2012 for almost 4 years. Keystone would never send parts directly, it was always the same canned response "you have to take the unit to a dealer". Screw that.

Prior to the 2013 we had an Aerolite (Dutchmen mfg). At first Dutchmen was great. They would answer emails or phone calls, and send parts directly to me both in and out of warranty. With some I paid them direct for, most were shipped gratis. At some point that all went by the wayside. For whatever reason Thor rolled the Dutchmen customer service over to Keystone, even the email addy changed from Service@dutchmenmfg.com to ownerrelations@keystonerv.com and it still that way today if you go to the Dutchmen website and click the contact us link. Once that happened that was the end of obtaining any parts directly be it warranty of even if you were willing to pay for them and everything changed to a canned response.......every single time.

I really liked that 2013 Keystone and have regretted selling it a time or two, but Keystones policy went a long way with me when it came to looking at other brands.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
We are also very happy with Forest River. I don't think they build them any better but they completely replaced our fifth wheel due to some issues last year. I was expecting repairs to be made but they replaced instead without me asking.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have found Forest River to be very responsive and Keystone could care less in my dealings as well.

FunnyCamper
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hooray!!
Heartland always came thru for us on our units and we have always loved this company cause for some reason while others got nailed by them, they always came thru for us. Happy you got it handled!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Same thing happened to my Outback when it was brand new with the fender skirts. We purchased the camper early September. In December we took our annual pilgrimage to Florida. When we came back we had our 3 month inspection of the camper (in January) back at the dealership. I identified a couple warranty issues and they said I'd have the camper back in a couple days. I took the camper in, they did their initial walk around inspection and the tech found my fender skirts were all cracked at the screw. Every one of the screw holes were cracked, both sides. I hadn't even seen or noticed that.

They had to order the fenders, but 5 days later I had the camper back with everything fixed, and never had a problem again.

Just an FYI. My dealership for my last camper was Walnut Ridge RV sales (Richmond, Indiana). They have a policy that if you purchase a camper from them, they set up a re-inspection of the entire camper after you've taken possession of it 3 months out. They will fix anything you identify as an issue, problem, or broken. In addition, they do a micro managed inspection of the entire unit, from tip to tip, inside and out, every nook and cranny, every thing and fix it.

Then, at the 12 month mark they want the RV back again for another end-to-end inspection to fix absolutely anything. At my 12 month mark, they couldn't find anything. I had them look at the stove, the spark started had a broken wire. That was the only thing identified.

I asked why they did the 2 inspections and were so meticulous with it. The reasons were several, but the biggest one was, they wanted to make sure every new camper sold by them went out of warranty 100% trouble free. They are a family run business and have an excellent reputation and take care of their customers, whoever they may be. There's still a lot to be said about about a business like that.

By the way, over the winter, I received a flier from them and they said they were expanding their service department. They were building new work bays (something like 12 of them), and of course, adding new employees.

Walnut Ridge RV sales also has it's own campground right beside it. If you purchase a camper from them, they give you 2 free nights of camping at the campground. They will help you set it up, walk you through any questions and give you full support while there for the 2 nights. Any questions, any help, any needs, and they will assist you with your new camper. All this, so when you pull away, you are 100 percent confident in your new camper.

I think that's what makes them such a good company.

Anyway, fender skirts got fixed. Same problem as yours. (By the way, we purchased the camper in 2013 and the follow up inspections were in 2014). No problems with the camper since, that demanded any "warranty" repair (except the repaint of the front cap, which they did).

dblr
Explorer
Explorer
We are on our 2nd Forest River unit and have also received very good support when needed form the company. Good to see post when things go GOOD.
2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB
2001 Kenworth T2000
2009 Smart on the deck.