cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Just ordered

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
four step manual pull down steps from PPL Motorhomes parts dept! Can't wait to get them installed & give my knee a break! Had to find install directions on YouTube to show DH that it is something he can do pretty easily. They were on sale for $196. with $9.99 shipping & they weigh 74 pounds. With tax they were less than $225!

It's funny how the little things make me happy!
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT
8 REPLIES 8

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
Got them installed today & they are SO much better than old 3 step. See my post under Quadra-step post in Fifth Wheels.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yep, that's one of them I looked at. It didn't work for us because it moved the first step closer to the toyhauler, and the distance between steps was less, so it ended up being about 2 inches difference overall. Not enough to warrant the price.

Hope it works out better for you.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
nomad297 wrote:
Which brand did you go with? I bought and installed the Elkhart Tool & Die Quadra Step. They work very well, but required a little modification to the part that connects them to the camper.

Bruce

This was the one I ordered also...Hope it's not too big of an ordeal to install. The other brand, Stromberg Carlson, was more $$ than I wanted to pay.

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
Did you get them to help with the big step at the bottom of the three step or make all the steps shallower? I've wanted to get a 4 step to put my bottom step closer to the ground, but they all just seem to be nearly the same distance from top to bottom, just less space between the steps. Still a big step at the bottom.

This is the one I ordered. It has a 26" drop vs. an 18 in. drop on the triple step plus all of the steps are shallower (7" vs 9"), so should be better!

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dave H M wrote:
I deal with that big step at the bottom by having one of those portable steps with legs that fold flat for storage. It makes a nice platform at the bottom.
Yeah, we have one of those too. But it would be nice not to need it.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

nomad297
Explorer
Explorer
Which brand did you go with? I bought and installed the Elkhart Tool & Die Quadra Step. They work very well, but required a little modification to the part that connects them to the camper.

Bruce
2010 Skyline Nomad 297 Bunk House, 33-1/4 feet long
2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4x4, 6.0 liter long bed with 4.10 rear, 3885# payload
Reese Straight-Line 1200# WD with built-in sway control
DirecTV -- SWM Slimline dish on tripod, DVR and two H25 receivers

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
I deal with that big step at the bottom by having one of those portable steps with legs that fold flat for storage. It makes a nice platform at the bottom.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Did you get them to help with the big step at the bottom of the three step or make all the steps shallower? I've wanted to get a 4 step to put my bottom step closer to the ground, but they all just seem to be nearly the same distance from top to bottom, just less space between the steps. Still a big step at the bottom.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"