Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

landing gear issue

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all
Own a 2014 Voltage 3305. This past weekend the landing gear seemed to cause me problems. When I was hooking up sunday to leave, the gear was very slow and would only run about 3-5 seconds and then stop all together. I would wait a minute and it would run 3-5 again and stop.
I ran the on board genset, I plugged in . Nothing helped. Batteries are fully charged. Was able to get the trailer up enough to hook on and then same issue at my storage facility.

Think the motor is done?? It has been slow for a while but not like this . Is the manual overide at the top pf the leg on the driver side of trailer?
Thanks for any response.
17 REPLIES 17

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
If the leg motor works at all, it's unlikely to be the fuse. Our 2010 Fuzion 383 leg motor finally bit the big one. It never worked very quickly, and just kept getting slower and slower. I replaced the motor/legs with the Bulldog system with separate motors for each leg. An excellent solution IMO. The legs no longer struggled. The trailer is gone but the Bulldog system was great.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
It is electric motor. I will go to storage today to troubleshoot. I will look for an inline fuse and swap out. The motor works but very weak then stops as I described so the fuse is working but will check it out.
Thanks for reply

dedmiston
Sorry to hear about this.

What kind of landing gear do you have? Electric w/motor, hydraulic, etc.?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230