cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

(Lippert) Rear Electric Stabilizer

terrykidwell
Explorer
Explorer
Approx. 2 years ago we hit a bump coming out of a rest area which took broke the motor off of our rear stabilizer. I took the stabilizer to several RV shops and spent approx. $200 in labor to have them say it couldn't be fixed. Our 5th wheel is a 2007 Pilgrim Open Road with 4 slide outs....very nice unit. I kept the unit in the back of my truck for almost a year and had called Lippert several times and ordered parts for the unit. I wasn't able to get any help from Lippert as to how to install the parts or how to replace the motor. Lippert sells the motor for approx. $350. I ended up buying the motor from the manufacturer of the motor for $150 and took the unit to a machine shop, who made the parts and installed the motor and parts for $120. The machine shop who repaired the unit is: Decatur Machine Shop in Decatur, Illinois.

The last word I heard from Lippert was to order a new stabilizer jack at a cost of $900.
5 REPLIES 5

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
terrykidwell, My comment, "It's a throwaway world" was that these companies want us to buy a replacement instead of supplying repair parts.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

terrykidwell
Explorer
Explorer
edbehnke wrote:
so, what are you saying, find the cheapest that works. camping world has one for about 400 dollars that works well. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/Electric-Stabilizer-Jacks/77288/&?&affiliateid=3274&cvsfa=2734&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3737323838&gclid=COui1IfvlsECFcRzMgoddAUAKw

I had always trusted rv dealerships until this repair came about. Sometimes you have to go other places for the answers and repairs. I understand about other brands of stabilizers, but sometimes there are problems fitting them to your rv. My rv happens to be a 40 ft. with 4 slide outs and requires a good stabilizer in the back. Thanks for your thoughts.

edbehnke
Explorer
Explorer
so, what are you saying, find the cheapest that works. camping world has one for about 400 dollars that works well. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/Electric-Stabilizer-Jacks/77288/&?&affiliateid=3274&cvsfa=2734&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=3737323838&gclid=COui1IfvlsECFcRzMgoddAUAKw
eddie and sandie
3402 Montana 2013
Ford F350 2015

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
It's a throwaway world.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

Moved from Forum Technical Support