Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

looking for summer workamping in MONTANA

happy_now
Explorer
Explorer
Hi
quick question for anyone who has worked in Montana....any place you likedand would recommend? just joined and noticed alot of you folks get around !! want to visit the grandkids for the summer, they are missoula. thanks...enjoy your summer!
10 REPLIES 10

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
HWHMT wrote:
Hi there, we own a bar called the Halfway House Bar and Grill (www.hwhmt.com) and are looking for a camper/worker. We are located on Bull Lake, which is about 15 miles outside of Troy (about 160 miles from Missoula). The bar sits on 10.5 acres and hosts a whole line-up of events over the summer. We do have full RV hook-ups. The position we are looking to fill will be primarily for a short order cook. If interested, please pm me -thanks

HWHMT, you might want to start your own thread instead of adding your offer in an existing one which has more or less run its course.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

HWHMT
Explorer
Explorer
Hi there, we own a bar called the Halfway House Bar and Grill (www.hwhmt.com) and are looking for a camper/worker. We are located on Bull Lake, which is about 15 miles outside of Troy (about 160 miles from Missoula). The bar sits on 10.5 acres and hosts a whole line-up of events over the summer. We do have full RV hook-ups. The position we are looking to fill will be primarily for a short order cook. If interested, please pm me -thanks

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on the recommendation for Montana State Parks. We volunteered at the Missouri Headwaters State Park in Three Forks for 3 summers. It's right off I 90 between Bozeman and Butte. Look for a park closer to Missoula, most have volunteer park hosts.

RandandDoug
Explorer
Explorer
We did one day in the theater, and helped run the RV park behind it 3 days a week. Wife will be inside the IMAX 3 days a week this year, I have secured a job with the NPS, but if I had not I probably would have gone back to work for Glen at the IMAX, great place to spend a summer.

Dtslinger
Explorer
Explorer
Just curious, what kind of work did/do you do for imax?
Terry & Alice Esslinger
2006 Bounder DP 38L
being pushed by 2012 Terrain

RandandDoug
Explorer
Explorer
Worked at the IMAX in West Yellowstone last year, loved it!! Wife is working there again this summer. Not sure they will have any more openings as just about everybody is coming back. Probably too far from your family in Missoula though.

DKeppner
Explorer
Explorer
Also try the Montana State parks site: http://stateparks.mt.gov/volunteer/
Its not the Destination or the Journey.
Its the Excursion

wags999
Explorer
Explorer
have you looked at KOA, they do have campground and jobs available in Montana. Their work kamper site is at workatkoa.com Good Luck !

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Here's one close to Missoula http://www.volunteer.gov/results.cfm?ID=14667
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
There may be some USFS CG's looking for hosts, check with the USFS Regional Office in Missoula for leads on which NF's in the Northern Region might be looking for hosts. Perhaps someone can go to the offices downtown or make a phone call for information. Also check web sites for the Lolo NF, Bitterroot NF, Helena NF, Flathead NF, and the Deerlodge-Beaverhead NF's for possible contacts.