Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Love them KOA's

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
So many people like KOA....

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-kampgrounds-gun-white-black-mississippi-20190528-xccdwous4...

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
23 REPLIES 23

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Looked at the article Suspect the headline is wrong.
White, gun-toting Kampgrounds of America worker

I suspect they left a word out
"Gun-toting FORMER Kampgrounds.....

Cause if I was the manager or the CEO he'd be a FORMER employee faster than the typesetter could set the headline.

Might have been the owner.

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I worked security at a resort for a couple of years and had many situations where we had to call the police to get people to leave because they were not guests of the resort. The only time I considered pulling my weapon was when a guest threatened to come out of his room and shoot all of us. We took cover and waited for the police to arrive to hand him. I am a retired law enforcement officer and was well aware of how to handle the situation. Also remember-I said retired, I let the on duty officers handle it.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
There is certainly more to the story but the immediate optics are horrible. KOA needs to be proactive and get in front of this with a thorough investigation. I really have a hard time seeing how this would be justified. This should have been a job for the police if it were a trespass situation that was out of hand. You NEVER pull a gun without the need to use it immediatley. This waving it around nonsense is what earned the West's "Wild" knickname.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank goodness this couple wasnโ€™t fishing.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:
I guess if you don't have an RV and show up to use a private campground's property and lake frontage, it would be considered trespass? But simply explaining that to most folks should have them leaving with perhaps an apology - so I suspect there was more "conversation" involved ๐Ÿ˜‰

There is always more to the story. It would be interesting to know what led up to this.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I guess if you don't have an RV and show up to use a private campground's property and lake frontage, it would be considered trespass? But simply explaining that to most folks should have them leaving with perhaps an apology - so I suspect there was more "conversation" involved ๐Ÿ˜‰
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looked at the article Suspect the headline is wrong.
White, gun-toting Kampgrounds of America worker

I suspect they left a word out
"Gun-toting FORMER Kampgrounds.....

Cause if I was the manager or the CEO he'd be a FORMER employee faster than the typesetter could set the headline.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

BillyBob_Jim
Explorer
Explorer
This ought to be a good one.

Let the RVnet investigation begin LOL.

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
So much unknown...
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)