cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lurker offering thanks for info on Wranglers as toads

reinita
Explorer
Explorer
A huge thanks to folks who shared theirs experiences towing Jeep Wranglers. Just got a 2012 Rubicon to tow behind our 2013 Sunseeker 3170 Class C based on what we read here.
Still figuring out the Blue Ox system and supplemental breaks but certain we can do this thanks to all of your posts.
Much appreciated.
Forest River Sunseeker 3170 bunkhouse. We travel with a Leonberger, a 22-year-old, 19-year-old and 12-year-old.
3 REPLIES 3

CVD
Explorer
Explorer
If you have plans to modify the JK (lift, tires, bumpers, etc); you should decide what front bumper you will you get before buying a base plate. Some bumpers can be set up with tow attach points built in to the bumper.
Cliff

1999 Itasca 34V DP
2000 Jeep Wrangler
2014 Honda CRV

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
reinita wrote:
A huge thanks to folks who shared theirs experiences towing Jeep Wranglers. Just got a 2012 Rubicon to tow behind our 2013 Sunseeker 3170 Class C based on what we read here.
Still figuring out the Blue Ox system and supplemental breaks but certain we can do this thanks to all of your posts.
Much appreciated.

If you only have the tow bar so far, consider a bullet proof, DEMCO base plate for the Jeep, but check to make sure Blue Ox has the adapters for it.
Also consider using a READYBRAKE along with the blue ox bars.
If you don't have any of it as yet, then I'd certainly go with Demco and the READYBRUTE ELITE setup. Also, COOLTECH makes a plug and play wiring harness for the JK series Jeep that can't be beat for ease of install and simplicity.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
You can down load installation manuals on Blue Ox web site. Before I bought the Blue Ox base plate I wanted to see how hard install would be. Blue Ox left out some the put back together details. Once I started putting bumper back on top was ok but not the bottom. The bumper is plastic. I put a 2 ft 2 by 4 under the bottom & a jack under it. I slowly raised it into position & drilled some holes. Used 5/16 bolts & large washers. It is holding in place ok. I have a wrangler sport. rubicon may be a little different.

For the Blue Ox Patriot brakes I made a plate to rest against the soft seat instead of buying theirs fo $50. I used a partial radius of 10" dia irrigTion pipe 18" long. Wife covered it with vinyl. Used Walmart velcro to hold in place.