Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need Driver Help - San Antonio

HD_Ultra
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

DW and I are in need of some assistance with; (first) driving our rig from storage to down the street (hwy 281) to have it inspected so we can renew our registration.

(second) We need assistance with driving our coach from the same storage to Kerrville, TX. Specifically to Buckhorn Lake RV Resort, just off exit 501 off of I-10.

I am afflicted with a debilitating disease that has strongly affected my legs and feet. I tried driving our Escalade today, which I found I could, by using right foot gas and left foot brake.

However, our 2010 Tiffin Allegro RED 38QBA has the gas and brake pedals on the right side of the steering column. I was in the coach at the storage (today) to run the engine and generator. I tried my best to push down on the brake (air brakes) pedal but could tell with only my right foot available (left blocked by column) I am too weak to safely drive without putting my life and that of others at risk.

We are putting our coach at Buckhorn full time. This, so we have a place to get away to.

Thank You in advance.

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
Did you see the PM I sent you?
Currently Between RVs

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jeez Mark, that's really too bad about your legs. It's also too bad that you will be taking a nice road vehicle and making it stationary. Any reason not to sell it and get an old TT or park model for you get-away spot?
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Moved from Forum Posting Help and Support

HD_Ultra
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! From the irv2 forum I followed a suggestion to contact the RV Park who in turn referred me to a contact that moves rigs around the park. No reply to my phone message yet.

USAFBILL
Explorer
Explorer
You might try one of the local dealers that would have someone that would be qualified and in the service department that you could hire
2003 Cougar 285EFS
2000 Chev 2500 Ex Cab