cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Puppy

Water-Bug
Explorer
Explorer
Talk about a change in lifestyle, and we haven't even had her in the RV yet. We picked up an 8 week old West Highland White Terrier yesterday. (Westie) For those not in the know, it is the breed that is in the Ceasar dog food commercials. Coincidentally, we picked her up from an Amish breeder in Goshen, Indiana, so she should have a little RV in her blood. Having a new puppy is like having a new baby and we haven't done that in nearly 40 years. So, how is she going to effect our RV lifestyle? Up until now, we have been short trip RVers but plan to snowbird come November.

EDIT. We have a new Montana High Country 5er, so enough room isn't an issue.
17 REPLIES 17

bdpreece
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dogs are creatures of habit. Start taking her everywhere now and she will just come to accept it as a way of life. Of course if you ever have to leave her home you will be in trouble.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Happy puppy hood!

Start now taking her for short rides. I suggest she ride in the back seat in a crate. Ours feel very uncomfortable if not in their crates.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
She will affect your travel just as a baby would. (I have 3 Yorkies).
You will have some times when you can't do certain things due to having her, but the trade off is having the joy of loving her and have her loving you back. It will keep you from longer activities away from camper. Is it worth it? You bet!
Mine love traveling and "camping".

Enjoy her!