RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

windshield cover

I saw a windshield cover that folded until it was about the size of s dinner plate. It was not the one that folds in 5 inch pleats that is about 30 inches high. Anyone ever see this?

bgant4 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Equal-i-zer

Just curious what I would need to change out to go from the 1000/10000 hitch to the 1200/12000 or 1400/14000 hitch. What can I keep and what would need to be changed?A little rant to go with this:Just bought the TT and hitch - brand new. Not knowing ...

mikemc53 by Explorer II
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

WLS and Camping

you ask what is WLS? I am opening up on here to see if anyone has any thing they can add to my journey and its all camping related.WLS is Weight Loss Surgery. I am scheduled for this surgery later this month. Its the newest procedure SIPS. I am only ...

byrdr1 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Truck is Ten

My truck has turned 10 years old but the camper it tows is only nine. For those campgrounds with a "ten year rule," does it mean both units have to be under ten years? Not trolling, just kidding. Let's have some fun with this.

Weber Support

I have a Q220 I got thru Airmiles over 5 years ago. Recently it's been a******shoot if its going to get hot enough to cook anything. Probably the regulator or maybe the burner.Called their 800 support to explain the issue. Didn't want to be throwing ...

spud1957 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Other State Registration

Sorry if this has been covered but I need some info on registering a new RV in a state other than that in which I live.Specifically, the dealer in NM from whom I bought my RV says I can save some money by registering my coach there instead of in Idah...

eric1514 by Explorer
  • 64 replies
  • 0 likes

Yellow jackets in a/c box

Hello all, Wife and I had our TH delivered back to our home this afternoon from the dealer and as I was showing the driver to where I wanted it parked, I noticed that yellow jackets were quickly moving toward and into the a/c unit on top. I am out in...

HMBdave by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

mto- ontario- newbie truck licensing question

If my short bed quad cab 03 dodge ram diesel that weighs 7012 pounds and has a 9000 GVWR, is rated to tow 12870 pounds is hooked up to a 8500 pound 5th wheel camper, would I need the yellow commercial sticker on the truck? If I read the regulation co...

bandit86 by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Trek & Giant Bike Recalls (other brands, too)

I know alot of us travel with bicycles. Apologies if this was posted previously (yes, I did a search and didn't see it). This is a recall on Suntour forks used on several major brands and it is different than the recall on the quick release mechanism...

GMandJM by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Will this void warrenty?

MY Dodge ram 1500 diesel rear settles quite a bit when I tow my fifth wheel. If I install the Air Ride air bags will this void the warranty? The trailer is below the limits allowed according to the manual. I only want the truck and trailer to be le...

bkick by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

New Jeep Renegade

Does anyone know if the new Jeep Renegade will be flat towable?How about the weight of it?Thanks

Amazing apps that alert me to rain and ligtning

A few months ago I found a great app for my iphone called "Dark Sky" that alerts me when it's about to rain. My experience with it so far has been remarkably good. I'd say it's about 60% - 75% accurate. It has a nice alert jingle and gives me time...

Laundry $$ @ Yellowstone

How much does it cost to wash & dry @ Yellowstone? We'll be at Fishing Bridge. Also, we'll b at Coulter Bay RV Park the week before. I don't see anything about laundry facilities there. Do they have any or is it easier to go into Jackson?

Sensors on new trailer

My trailer is brand new and during first camp noticed the gray tank sensor went to 2/3 and then F very quickly. No big deal, I had a full hookup so I just pulled the lever and dumped. Figured I just needed to become aware of how much water we use to ...