cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weber Support

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Q220 I got thru Airmiles over 5 years ago. Recently it's been a******shoot if its going to get hot enough to cook anything. Probably the regulator or maybe the burner.

Called their 800 support to explain the issue. Didn't want to be throwing money at it.

Gentleman was very helpful. Since it could be the burner or the regulator, how about we send you both all under warranty. Now in all honesty, I really think that we have no warranty because of the age but who was I to argue.

So, if you are considering a new BBQ purchase, my recommendation would be Weber, for at least their support.

S
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS
14 REPLIES 14

SilverEscape
Explorer
Explorer
spud1957 wrote:
SilverEscape wrote:
Well you folks have had more lick than us then. We've had the regulator on our 220 fail 4 or 5 times since we bought it 6 years ago. 3 times within warranty period. And each time we've had to give our life story with copies of receipts, pics, etc. and have bought more with our own dollar than they've replaced (and some should have been covered under warranty). Once we got forgotten about and if we would have waited, we wouldn't have been able to use the grill the entire summer.

Weber Canada must not have the same service as the USA.

Guess you didn't notice where I'm (OP) from. ๐Ÿ™‚

My call ended up at a call center in Ohio.

I dealt with them via email originally. My very first email went unanswered for almost 2 months. I had to send several follow ups before I got a reply. I even emailed US support saying the Canadian support wouldn't reply and my response from someone in Illinois was to tell me that I had to deal with Canadian support because they couldn't ship to Canada from the U.S. They didn't even bother to help Canadian support in touch with me.
2015 Jayco X213
2014 Ford F-150 Platinum EcoBoost

spud1957
Explorer
Explorer
SilverEscape wrote:
Well you folks have had more lick than us then. We've had the regulator on our 220 fail 4 or 5 times since we bought it 6 years ago. 3 times within warranty period. And each time we've had to give our life story with copies of receipts, pics, etc. and have bought more with our own dollar than they've replaced (and some should have been covered under warranty). Once we got forgotten about and if we would have waited, we wouldn't have been able to use the grill the entire summer.

Guess you didn't notice where I'm (OP) from. ๐Ÿ™‚

My call ended up at a call center in Ohio.
2018 F350 6.7 4x4 CCSB
2022 GD Reflection 337 RLS

SilverEscape
Explorer
Explorer
Well you folks have had more luck than us then. We've had the regulator on our 220 fail 4 or 5 times since we bought it 6 years ago. 3 times within warranty period. And each time we've had to give our life story with copies of receipts, pics, etc. and have bought more with our own dollar than they've replaced (and some should have been covered under warranty). Once we got forgotten about and if we would have waited, we wouldn't have been able to use the grill the entire summer.

2015 Jayco X213
2014 Ford F-150 Platinum EcoBoost

IndyCamp
Explorer
Explorer
We were recently in the market for a new portable gas grill and after doing a ton of research (including on rv.net), we went with the Weber Q 2200. We have only used it about five or six times, but it is awesome so far. I do wish there were two burners instead of one, for indirect heat, but I knew the design before I bought it. We use the wood chip box every time we use the grill and it's great.

We have been using the old school Weber kettle charcoal grill for about 12 years at our house, but we wanted something to take camping and tailgating. We used to have the Coleman Roadtrip and the cheap sidekick grill that came with the trailer. The Weber Q blows those two out of the water.

Glad to hear Weber stands behind their products in case anything ever craps out on it.
2018 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
2014 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI

kmbelt
Explorer
Explorer
my Q200 did the same thing. Got a new burner tube and it fixed the problem. Good and hot now.

The holes in the tube tend to slowly close up. I clean them regularly with a wire brush and toothpick or piece of wire. It just reached the point of no repair. For being 6 yr old, i can't complain about buying a new $34 burner to fix it.
2014 Ram 2500, 6.4 Hemi, CC, 4x4
2010 Puma 259RBSS

Y-Guy
I've got an old 1996 Weber Genesis Silver that just keeps going. What I love about it is even though its pushing 20 years old I can still get parts for it and it's still rock solid. My local hardware store has a bunch of old Webers in the basement that they let you snag parts from if they can't get them. One of these days the grill will finally die and I'll buy another Weber. Until then I'll keep using it, my Q100 and my smoker.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

russelln
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent service. They sent me a new regulator when I had an issue. We own 6 Webers, gas & charcoal. You can't beat genuine quality!

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Boy, I wish I had this kind of response from Weber. I had owned several Webers in the past with great luck, so I bought one for our place in SW FL. t was a Genesys E320. I had it 2 years. We had it on our pad during the winter and it was stored and covered during the summer when we were gone. When we came back dow for the 3rd season, the two fron doors had fallen off and the back was about to.

The top or grill part was still in great shape but the cabinet had totally rusted out. I called Weber and they would do nothing. I got rid of the Weber and bought another grill. It's stainless and much more expensive, but I will not buy another Weber. I assume they started to buy their cabinets from China, but who knows.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

Treutervid
Explorer
Explorer
I have both gas and charcoal Webers. They've outlasted any other grill I've ever had. I will always buy Webers. The Aussie that came with my RV can't compare.
Thanks Weber!

thirtydaZe
Nomad
Nomad
unless you are hellbent on staying with gas.

Weber 1211001 Jumbo Joe Gold Charcoal Grill, 18-Inch

EDIT: never mind, i missed your point until i re-read the OP.
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 324BHTS
2024 Ram 2500 68RFE

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Outstanding customer service,when my Adapter hose for my Q220 failed just out of warranty they sent a new one and a new regulator for free. Can't get any better than that,also the Rep was here in America at their plant.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

tomkaren13
Explorer
Explorer
Yes very good company. We called them and they sent us a new ignightor (sp)and holder.

RandACampin
Explorer
Explorer
Weber has a customer service/warranty model that many companies should emulate. Anytime I have called them I have been more than impressed and always satisfied. I have 4 Webers from the top of the line 670 gas grill (25 year warranty) all the way down to the Smokey Joe (10 year warranty)

Add to that the fact that they are world class grills and smokers...winner winner
HEY CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.rvingoutpost.com

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
We love our Weber although we haven't had any issues and can't comment on their customer service. I do remember that there were some Q220s that had that problem of not getting to temp properly. You should be good to go once you get the new parts installed. Happy Camping!!!