cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No place to camp in Florida

David0725
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just a little rant. I love people are getting out rving. But **** I live here in Orlando Florida. And for the life of me I can get a camp site anywhere in fl. We must have 8000 campground in Florida and I can't go camping. They all keep telling me I have to book 11 or 12 months out. Smh. I just want to go camping use my rv. I am really getting tired of it to the point I am sending letters to our Governor and Senators. The only choice I have no is Walmart..lol
1994 Holiday Rambler Imperial DP
1999 Honda Accord V6 Toad
19 REPLIES 19

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have lived in the Tampabay area of Florida all my life. It is really a pain to get reservations in Florida during the winter months. You most either get lucky or make reservations way in advance.
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
We have family in Fl - Brooksville area and have the same issue. Can't find a campsite anywhere. Most CG's we call are actually retirement or FT communities that used to be regular CG's. We often end up camping in their driveway and despite the convenience, I'd rather stay at a CG.

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
How about last-minute cancellations? Is there a way to monitor such a possibility? I know that over the years my wife and I have scored some killer cruise deals by watching last-minute offerings. Just a thought.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
Ha, just wait til summer and you'll have no problem.
Full timing since 2004
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45' DD Series 60
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited

Our Blog

Y-Guy
I think they are already working on something. Bill giving residents priority at booking FL state parks

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon