cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Number Of Hours?

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
I understand that there are lots of variables involved, but do you have a โ€œcapโ€ on the amount of hours you will donate to receive a FHU site at no charge?

We have had positions with as much as 40 hours per week. Both my wife and I agree that, for us, that is too many hours.

For us the cap is 24-28 hours for a site, total. Not per person.

What is your cap?
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006
33 REPLIES 33

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Depends on the park and what needs to be done. Some days it is two hours, others it might be 6. I do not put a cap on, instead i do what is necessary to get the job done. Guess Im old school.

Let me clarify.

At our present position, we often donate many more hours than required, because we enjoy it so. We don't stop because our required hours for the week have been met.

What is your "cap" for accepting the position initially?

Is there a point that you say,"No thanks." If so, how many hours?
Our Rig:
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
dieharder wrote:
For me, it would depend on the value and location of the site.

Not too many places I would work a 40 hour work week for a freebie site. But Bluewater Key would likely be one, for example. There would have to be some kind of WOW factor for me to, essentially, work full time hours for it.

For a site that would cost be something like $500-$600/month out of pocket, nope... I value my free time at more than that.

Funny you should mention the Keys. Our 40 hour commitment was at Bahia Honda State Park. Greta spot, great management, but after working 40 hours we were too tired to enjoy the area. It was a cleaning only position. We prefer hosting.
Our Rig:
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
For me, it would depend on the value and location of the site.

Not too many places I would work a 40 hour work week for a freebie site. But Bluewater Key would likely be one, for example. There would have to be some kind of WOW factor for me to, essentially, work full time hours for it.

For a site that would cost be something like $500-$600/month out of pocket, nope... I value my free time at more than that.
1999 Itasca Sunrise

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depends on the park and what needs to be done. Some days it is two hours, others it might be 6. I do not put a cap on, instead i do what is necessary to get the job done. Guess Im old school.