cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Outdoor stove top burner recommendation?

plasticmaster
Explorer
Explorer
My camper has a gas fitting near my outside kitchen that my bumper mounted grill hooks to. I'm looking for a 2 or 3 burner outdoor cooktop stove that I could hook to this fitting. Any recommendations that won't break the bank?
7 REPLIES 7

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
bgant4 wrote:
I bought one of the NUWAVE induction burners and I rarely ever use gas any more. We have one at home also. Once you try this gas is history.

not if you dry camp or boondock a lot.
a lot of us don't like RV parks or have campgrounds with hookups.

so things like the NUWAVE or residential fridges are useless.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

SwanInWA
Explorer
Explorer
bgant4 wrote:
I bought one of the NUWAVE induction burners and I rarely ever use gas any more. We have one at home also. Once you try this gas is history.
Our Mom & Dad gave us one of these as a gift, and at first I wasn't sure if I'd use it. Now it lives in the camper van. Super useful.

Teri (the RV.netter)

Eric (the significant other)

[purple]Angus (the fur-faced kidlet)[/purple]
The B (2008 Pleasure-Way Lexor RL-4)

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." --St. Augustine

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I do know that electric is more useful than gas with more appliances available... but the ability to cook without having to fire up a generator is nice, especially when boondocking.

I just took a look on Amazon... not many low pressure stoves out there. If one has to have a high pressure stove, there is always an Extend A Stay Deluxe adapter.

bgant4
Explorer
Explorer

cant_remember_I
Explorer
Explorer
This is the one that comes stock on my outdoor kitchen, works fine.

http://www.trekwood.com/products/496208/Range-Cooktop-2-Burner-Stainless-DV20S-Outside-Atwood-5-Pk

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
yep, not many low pressure stove tops out there, other than Camp Chef.

you could seek out a popup dealer, as many have movable low pressure cooktops that work outside, as well as the inside.

we had them with our Starcraft and Viking popuops.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

TUCQUALA
Explorer
Explorer
Low pressure (cast iron or alum burners) Camp Chef. Many models available, and can be found almost any store with outdoors equipment. Don't get the smaller ones that have a stacked wafer burner, they will be high pressure and have to run with their own regulator directly from a bottle.

We have use one for probably 12 yrs now, and has worked on all the rv's we have owned from a quick connect.
'16 Outdoors Timber Ridge 280RKS
Reese 1700# Trunnion w/ DualCam HP
'03 EXCURSION XLT V10 4.30 Axles