cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ozone generators

2Bargos
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have first hand experience with an Ozone generator and removing odors from a camper.I have done quite a bit of research and best I can come up with is "Maybe"
some sites say they will remover odor,others say than just mask it.

My current camper is an 05 that had sit unsed for many years and has a
"Musky" smell that i cannot get out of it.
Also it had water damage in the front of camper but everything water touched has been removed and replaced.
there is no signs of mold in camper anywhere,just a odor I want to get out.
2006 F-250
2008 Cherokee 28A+
2003 Harley Ultra
A wife that enjoys my hobbies as much as I do.
A Day Hemmed in prayer seldom comes unraveled
6 REPLIES 6

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Ozone is a great product, I use it on our cooling towers, it will kill any bacteria and especially legennella. On our testing we actually have sterile water with 0 colonies per million.

And as mentioned earlier the flip side is it's very corusive where you need to use a corusive inhibitor program. My guess if used casually it would not be a issue

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Slowmover
Explorer
Explorer
I've used it on vehicles with success.

Need to clean. Then use machine.

With an RV, think of it as a "smell detector ". The 25-30 year old TTs I've had have all had good original interiors. "Clean" got cleaned again.

The TT got closed up after treatment and airing.

Any new source of odor is easier to track down, thus address.
1990 35' SILVER STREAK Sterling, 9k GVWR
2004 DODGE RAM 2WD 305/555 ISB, QC SRW LB NV-5600, 9k GVWR
Hensley Arrow; 11-cpm solo, 17-cpm towing fuel cost

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Ozone is really hard on some things like rubber and seals and some plastics.

We had a van ozoned and it didn't really do much. Was it some better? Yep, but in "my" case it was not worth the money spent to do it.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
try it, all you can lose is a little money, and it may help. probably come back first hot/muggy day however.
bumpy

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
I used one some for a car wash and detail business years ago. They do work but its a bit of a crapshoot as to how well. Odors are eliminated by oxidizing the cause, but you also cause oxidation to other items. They need long term exposure which can cause other types of damage. We did it for cars with severe issues, and it helped, but only if it was left in operation overnight. Its not a simple quick fix. Read up some on the auto detailing sites.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Yes! Many years ago we bought a nicely maintained used TT that had been smoked in. No amount cleaning would kill the odor.
So I had a local co. come in with an Ozinator and treat it.
The smell was gone except for the occasional time when the trailer sat sealed up in the sun for extended periods. Then you wold get a faint wiff of it when you first went in. It's really amazing how well it worked. The tech told me it would even remove the smell of a dead body - which he had done numerous times. Creepy.
My understanding is that it doesn't mask the odor, it kills the bacteria or what ever causes it.
I would give it a try. I understand you can even rent the machine at rental places.

All in all, I was satisifed.