cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Planning to replace a cracked fender

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I am having trouble finding an exact fender replacement from dealer/manufacturer. I have found one that is a close match at Icon direct.com. They sound knowledgeable, and claim to ship the very next day. I would like to know if any other members have ordered from them, and did you get the one expected? Did it ship promptly, and delivered in a normal amount of time?

Jerry
7 REPLIES 7

fyrflie
Explorer III
Explorer III
Icon definitely has the corner of the market for fender flares, covers, etc. for RVโ€™s.
I need to replace all four flares on my class A but donโ€™t want to spend $200 each for new ones.

As RVpapa posted, Thatโ€™s my plan also.

Rvpapa
Explorer
Explorer
Few years back blew a tire up in Alaska/Yukon and took out most of the wheel trim. After trip was over, took off the opposite side trim and made a plaster mold. Some gel-coat and fiberglas cloth, couple of afternoons work/play and had a better than original Wheel well trim.
Art.

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Just a follow up, as my icon direct fender arrived quickly (2 days). The picture online on their site was a bit misleading. While the fit/measurements were quite accurate, the finish was not. I was expecting bright smooth surface polar white, but came dull/textured white finish.

I have a body shop owner friend, I will show it to. Maybe his paint guy can hit it with some bright white enamel, that will also cover some of the texturing. My OEMs were nicer looking, better quality, but like most, a number of holes cracked by the speedy screw gun guy.

Jerry

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
bpounds...thanks much for the reply! I kind of remember the thread, after reading it again. Anyway, good to hear of your good experience! After not getting any response, I went ahead and ordered from Icon. The price was $149 plus shipping, came to $186. Not a bad shipping price, but I could have maybe saved a little, going through amazon. I'm supposed to receive it in 3-5 business days. Mine will not be a perfect match either, but darn close, and gained some trim points from your previous posts.

Thanks again, for the thread link too,

Jerry

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
Here is a recent thread on the subject;

Plastic Fenders
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
Jerry, Icon direct sells through Amazon. I replaced my fenders this summer. I used the Icon site to figure out what part number I needed, searched it on Amazon, and found it. It was priced a few $ less than direct from Icon, and shipped for free. Win-win, as I prefer to purchase things through Amazon.

I was happy with the product. I'm not sure it was thicker or better than the original. But it was at least equal, and I do know that my installation technique was a lot better than the factory.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Where are all our Canadian members? This company is in Manitoba, Canada. Maybe this name is more familiar (Icon Technologies Limited)? Appears to be a large supplier of many RV parts, and in business a long time.

Jerry