cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pullright or Hijacker AutoSlide?

labren
Explorer
Explorer
I am wondering if there are some of you that might have experience with the Pullright" and the "Highjacker (Demco) Autoslide hitches?

I have a 6.4 box in a 2014 Ram 3500 and I am looking at these and trying to find which one if either has any preferences?

I also looked at the Reese Sidewinder (revolution), but by the time I purchased the rotating turret and the hitch it was almost the same price and the sliders might be the better option?

The 5th wheel is a 30.2 Ft Cougar.
Thanks for your ideas!
2014 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Laramie CC SB 4x4
2015 Keystone Cougar 279RKSWE
18 REPLIES 18

kzspree320
Explorer
Explorer
I really like our Superglide. It is very heavy, even with the head removed it probably weighs 160 lbs. Taking it in and out of truck is a 2 man job because of how awkward it is to handle. You could of course make it a 1 man job with a comealong or winch. It is substantial and I really have enjoyed it. You do need to clean and spray WD40 on it before using it, but that is only a 2 minute job. Good luck. Keith

cmoecmoe
Explorer
Explorer
I have had my Pullright for a year and it is great. I really like the fact that I do not have to worry about getting out and activating a manual slider.

The installation instructions were good and we had it done in an afternoon.

It is solidly built and you really know when it is hitched. It makes a very solid, distinctive sound when it couples.

Good luck in your search.

Craig
Craig & Annette
2015 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax
2014 300x12 XLR Toy Hauler
2008 Harley Ultra Classic

rgwilliams69
Explorer
Explorer
I used a Pullrite ISR 18k Superglide for several years and, after switching to a Class A, sold it to my neighbor who still uses it. Works great, easy to hook up, no "chunking", etc. Really liked how the jaws came entirely around the kingpin.

Only thing I would say is that you have to be a little more diligent with greasing/oiling, but not a big deal once you get the hang of it.

One drawback if you plan to remove it from the truck bed frequently, that dang thing is HEAVY. Really take two to heft it out and back in again. But you can remove the head to help a little with the weight.

Happy shopping!

Greg
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH (Sunlit Sand)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (Black) Toad
Demco Base Plate & Commander Tow Bars

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
I have used the Pullrite for over 5 yrs. and many miles without any problems. Not cheap but what price do you put on peace of mind.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport